Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
iT's ThE vTeC mAfIa Yo!
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i ordered a set of esmm's from CRSX and i just read the DIY. it said you need to replace the subframe bolts cuz they stretch. true? if so which ones, and where can i get them, anyone have part numbers? id like to order them asap so i get them before i get the esmm's. thanks

·
Weightlifting Master
3,311 Posts
hey i ordered a set of esmm's from CRSX and i just read the DIY. it said you need to replace the subframe bolts cuz they stretch. true? if so which ones, and where can i get them, anyone have part numbers? id like to order them asap so i get them before i get the esmm's. thanks
Its not entirely necessary, I will say this though, mark your bolts and the subframe when you remove them so that they are aligned properly when you put them back in.

·
iT's ThE vTeC mAfIa Yo!
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have 80000mi on my car so should i, if they arent too expensive i might as well. i need an alignment anyway so ill do it after the instal. in that case will i still need to mark the subframe and bolts?

·
The power of Dreams
528 Posts
I had 100k on my car when i did my clutch, and i didnt replace my bolts, but they went in terribly im almost sure they misthreaded a little, so yeah it proubly wouldnt hurt, but you will have to go to the dealer for these i think

·
iT's ThE vTeC mAfIa Yo!
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well i found them on oem acura parts. ordered, so, problem solved. Now I just gotta wait for my ESMM's. i do have a question though, should i order a new set of those springs bolts for the downpipe? or can i get a set at like advanced auto? or will i be able to reuse the old ones?

·
C
17,229 Posts
Save your money on ordering new bolts or whatever you're planning to do.

Don't touch the subframe when you install the esmm's. There is no need to do anything to the subframe to install esmm's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts