Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1855 Posts

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
acura gave me some shit for coils...blamed them for my bad axles..lol but they said if i took them off they would fix the axles..dunno about subaru...almost 9k on my car and so far I have avoided them..lol

·
popcorn playa
11,572 Posts
they'd be hard to get rid of anyways. if i get in the spirit, i may pull the seats/carpet and add some more sound deadening. car is loud. and that's w/ dynamated doors and roof :emo: and by loud i mean just road/air "whoosh" fucking paper car

·
popcorn playa
11,572 Posts
well i had insulated the rsx so many years ago i didnt realize until i got in this one and it was so much louder. i realize this isn't a "nice car" but id like to make mine moar refined

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
Your Subaru is quiet compared to mine. When I drove the 2012, I was amazing at how quiet that car was (engine and road noise wise).

and in on subie thread part duex

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
im running open source s0n

wrx seemed fairly quiet to me compared to my g35 which was too loud for a "luxury" car but it seems louder now..lol the 08 sedan seemed quieter. idk i drove 350 miles today..its not that bad noise wise...seat could be more supportive but im not sore

·
popcorn playa
11,572 Posts
i wonder if the perrin turbo inlet does anything on our year model. on some of the others it's bumped spool up by 250+rpm w/out tuning...

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahh. How much did the tune cost altogether over there?
tactrix openport 2.0 was 181 shipped
torqued performance stage 1 was $85 downloaded so $266

you would need a reflash adapter since your car is older $8

xpt tuning seems to offer stage 2 ots maps for 02-05 wrxs
http://www.xpttuning.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8

or you could get a protune

you may also be able to use a cheap ass vagcom cable...gotta talk to boosted...idk

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
how about bc spec 3...i think that guys name was weebz...that car was loud..lol

pro spec sounded epic..too loud for a dd though. followed my fiancee while she was driving my rsx with pro spec and it kept making sexy back fires and poping sounds ftw

interesting paragraph off of xpt's site
Additional Information

Further instructions will be provided upon receipt of your new map. This will include details and proper map break-in procedures/tips. Target Boost on both maps is 18.5psi in 3rd gear; it will taper down to around 14psi by redline. Boost may be higher in 4th and 5th gear but should stay under 20psi. I strongly urge you not to floor the car in 4th or 5th gear under 2800rpm unless absolutely necessary. Air Fuel Ratios should be around 11.5:1 during spool, 11.0:1 in mid, and 10.6-10.8 by redline on both maps. I highly recommend monitoring the Air Fuel Ratio with a wideband o2 sensor such as the AEM Uego, or the Innovate LC-1 if available.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
pro spec is much louder than spec 3. it's a little too loud for daily driving but it was worth every bit of headache during WOT. I dd'd it for over a year.

1 - 20 of 1855 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.