Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Master Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm rocking my front license plate on my windshield. Only thing that's annoying is whenever the road is bumpy I can hear it rattling and stuff. I remember seeing people who put their plates on their windshields that they had the suction cup things where the bolts are supposed to go and sticks to the windshield.

I was wondering if any of you knew where to get em at?

Thanks in advance!

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
IN Va the plate in the windshield is illegal your better off not having a frount plate then putting it in the windshield. But if you still want to do it the suction cup idea sounds good.

·
Master Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I originally didn't have my front license plate on, but then I got paranoid about not having it on so I thought putting it in the windshield would be less trouble, but I guess not. FFX county....:thumbsdow

·
Master Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dammit guys lol, it's either I don't rock a license plate in front or put it on in the stock mount thingy, but which one?!

·
Crunch time
3,387 Posts
get a license plate relocator...geez lol

I put it on stock mount thing, but I didn't screw it, it's held up by bunch of 3M tapes and a good engineering of how to put the 3M tapes...it's been holding up for awhile I'm happy. It doesn't look that bad either....i guess you grow into it...that is if you know it's not screwed into your bumper

·
Its vivid.....
190 Posts
just put it on the stock mounting thingy....its not THAT bad....i put it back on mine since i came back up to VA from FLorida.....i know it doesnt look as good, but its better than those damn FFC cops......!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18,802 Posts
Keith DC5 said:
Put the license plate back. The RSX looks really good even w/ the plates so I see no point in removing them.

I disagree with this. I cant stand my front plate. Lucky for me, good ole Pflueger Acura drilled the son of a bitch into my bumper. So, even if I did take it off, it would leave a whole.

:thumbsdow

·
Andy wuz here
19,452 Posts
yes driving with your plate on your dashbord is very unsafe, say you get into a headon MVA, were do you think that plate is going to go????

n7plus1 said:
steal some off of some christmas decorations!
what

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
What happens if you scan/copy your liscense plate and make a cardboard(or some other material that is safer than metal) replica of it and put it in the windshield? Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
846 Posts
CC2 said:
What happens if you scan/copy your liscense plate and make a cardboard(or some other material that is safer than metal) replica of it and put it in the windshield? Just my 2 cents.

even more illegal :p

·
My camera gear;
831 Posts
Jtrigem said:
YES I agree that it is very unsafe. It will turn into a deadly machete if you crash your car just right....
yes ftw! and most likely that person with their head chopped off will be me when im riding shotgun

·
Master Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^^I've thought of that and haven't really found a downside to it yet :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts