Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently after i cleaned the throttle body with carb cleaner i noticed, especially after a cold start, that the car would start up around 1900 rpm, which is fine, but than suddenly drop to around 1200 rpm for about a second and than back up to 1900 rpm. This is the one and only time this occurs, after the car warms up it idles at normal rpm and does not flutter. This happens only at start up. Even if the car is slightly warm and i start it up, the rpm drop still occurs but not as significant after a cold start. Any suggestions in regards to the problem would be greatly appreciated. It is a 2003 Acura rsx type s. thanks

·
[Insert Title]
2,870 Posts
Maaybe try cleaning the IACV with brake cleaner and see if that helps?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for your suggestion Drop2inch, thats one possibility i need to look into. i found an almost identical problem on youtube, the only difference is my rpm starts of at 1900 and drops to 1200. It has never stalled on me. Could it be anything else? im just trying to think of all the possibilities. Also i do not have a cel on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FXCLHLg6p0

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.