Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Not a member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been browsing around the CRSX forums look around, but I want to know what CanadaEast recommends for nice clean sound for front door speakers.

Let me know of the type, brand, or model of the speakers, and price range.

I don't know much about speakers for car audio, but I hear 'component' vs 'coaxial' speakers, which do you suggest or even if it can fit in our car.

And I suppose from my research so far, 6 1/2" is our speaker size for the front doors without cutting out anything?

Any feedback would do from my CRSX CanadaEast Bros. :thumbsup:

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
JBL GTO series.

Coaxial means that all the speakers are in the same unit, ie woofer, with floating tweeter and/or mid in the middle.

Component means that there are completely separate units along with an external crossover.

The RSX has component front speakers from the factory (tweeters up in the dash) so it would be going backwards to just get a coaxial set.

·
Banned
260 Posts
JBL GTO series.

Coaxial means that all the speakers are in the same unit, ie woofer, with floating tweeter and/or mid in the middle.

Component means that there are completely separate units along with an external crossover.

The RSX has component front speakers from the factory (tweeters up in the dash) so it would be going backwards to just get a coaxial set.
indeed

·
All show > Impounded Car
15,458 Posts
JBL GTO series.

I have the JBL power series 650c. A tad expensive but overall very good power handling. I love them for my fob music at the highs and the lows that cause the jamal's and the duane's to come out at night

·
Registered
222 Posts
is it me or the stock bose sound system doesnt have any bass to it. I jsut purchsed my car liek 2 months ago and im dissapointed in the sound system. maybe the speakers blew?

·
dbl-O
5,500 Posts
is it me or the stock bose sound system doesnt have any bass to it. I jsut purchsed my car liek 2 months ago and im dissapointed in the sound system. maybe the speakers blew?
haha maybe the previous owner made some extra pocket money before selling it :p

·
Registered
446 Posts
u gota get an aftermarket deck and bypass the amp

more then enough bass

·
is RSeXy
383 Posts
Boston Acoustics Pro 5.5 or 6.5. You don't even have to listen to them, they're that good.

BTW, I am running the factory amplifier but with a AVIC D3 HU and powered Kenwood Sub, and music quality is awesome. Perfect for my needs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
From the looks of your post i'll assume you want very clean and accurate sound. I would recommend you getting a 3 way system which consists of tweeters, mid woofer, and component speakers. With this setup it covers a wide range of sound reproduction, obviously sub is recommended.

As for brands that have mid woofer class of speakers, there are a few out there. But based on my listening experience I highly recommend the brand called "Hertz" (Elettromedia)

I personally own their Hi Energy setup.

Fronts = HSK 165
Rears = HV 165L
Amp = Audison Lrx
Sub = HBX 250 DS

The pre made sub box is amazingly small so you got room to acutally use your trunk still :)

Installation , welp, Fronts are basically plug and play but the rears was a super tight fit so i had to carfully grind down the side of the panel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Heres pictures to show you now all 6 1/2 will fit, cause some make it over sized :)

Heres the Before picture

Heres how slightly off it is, (oversized)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts