Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching and didn't get anything definate on this, except that goo be gone sucks. Anyone have any suggestions from personal experience? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
I tried goo gone at first but was taking to long so I used some gas from the lawmower and it took it right off... Just re-wax that spot afterwards~

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
well i used a hair dryer and heated up the glue a little the pealed it back with my fingers and then to finish it off i used goo gone...........took about an hours to all together

9,696 Posts
My fingernails did the trick, but I debadged a few months after I got the car.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
3M Adhesive Remover is the stuff we have at work that I used on mine and Kari's car. Works pretty good. Also requires some rubbing if your car is older. Then wax and polish

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
wow people...an hour to debadge your car? Took me less than 5 mins. There are easier ways...Get some fishing line, tie something on one end of it, tie something on the other, and pull it behind the emblem, working it up and down,while moving left or right, it will cut through the double face tape.

After the emblem is off the glue can be removed by heating it up and peeling it with your fingers. you just kinda roll it and it will peel off. It's what most car moldings are held on with!

·
e90
115,535 Posts
Heat up the badge first (gets the tape warm) then peel off. Any left over glue, use Varsol or bug and tar remover. Should take max 5 minutes to do.

9,696 Posts
Ah, that's why I didn't have trouble getting mine off. I took them off during the summer in Texas. It was over 100 degrees then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts