Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Yes, thats my email.
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im buying a supercharger and I would like a nice 3" exhaust to go with it. I have 600 to spend and want something that will give me really good power(yes it is possible with SC for any newb who thinks they know something about exhuast reads this) I looked at the thermal in the CRSX store but ive never heard of any other DC5 3" exhuasts. Has anyone had any luck with any other brand name exhauts? If not i might just get one made.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I had to get a custom 3" made. I believe that thermal is the only one available.

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
971 Posts
Shark, there is a couple people here that have complaints about the Thermal, from it's design, to not truly being a fulll 3 inches. The best bang for the buck is to get a custom one, and it'll be the best for power most likely as well. Now for me, I'm trying to find a sound clip of a few custom setups, so I can choose which route I want to go. :D

·
Registered
686 Posts
how much did you spend getting it made?
It cost me $360. That is for 3" pipe and an Apexi N1 Turbo muffler. It sounds great but without the silencer, it is loud.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Jackson headers and no Cat plus DC Twin Canister is what I use....And it works great it gave me at least a 5 to 10 hp increase.

·
Monsters of the Midway
15,107 Posts
RiceRocket112 said:
Jackson headers and no Cat plus DC Twin Canister is what I use....And it works great it gave me at least a 5 to 10 hp increase.
Wouln't a 3 inch exhaust give you and extra 5-15 WHP with your setup?

·
Yes, thats my email.
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
K20A2_S said:
Wouln't a 3 inch exhaust give you and extra 5-15 WHP with your setup?
Hence why im looking for a 3 inch. Also, guy with 3" exhuast, did you get yours made out of SS?

·
Monsters of the Midway
15,107 Posts
Hence why im looking for a 3 inch. Also, guy with 3" exhuast, did you get yours made out of SS?
I know you're no asking me, but I'm getting a custom 3 inch SS mandrel bent exhaust for $400 intalled and with tax :thumbsup:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have an HKS exhuast - i was wondering if i could use the muffler and build 3" SS to the muffler - i read somewhere that 2.5" can also push boost a lil higher - but i was jus wondering if i could salvage the muffler or would it be a waste

·
Terminator
4,861 Posts
isn't 3" a little much for 5psi???

i have a 2.5 " custom straight through no res ,HF cat etc..and was hoping it was sufficient???

·
Yes, thats my email.
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some really modified N/A guys use 2.5 inch piping. Im pretty sure that EVERY guy who uses an SC makes more power then ANY N/A guy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Im buying a supercharger and I would like a nice 3" exhaust to go with it. I have 600 to spend and want something that will give me really good power(yes it is possible with SC for any newb who thinks they know something about exhuast reads this) I looked at the thermal in the CRSX store but ive never heard of any other DC5 3" exhuasts. Has anyone had any luck with any other brand name exhauts? If not i might just get one made.
Hey, I have a Thermal 3" exhaust the was only used for 3 days, practically new. $500.00 shipped. see thread.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=193955

1 - 15 of 15 Posts