Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes you read that right, for sale I have a CTR RRC Valve Cover w/spark plug cover. The condition of the valve cover is about a 9.5/10. The valve cover has a slight mark on it from the cover but it does not show when the spark plug cover is on it. The spark plug cover is also from a CTR. This is very hard to find. The valve cover has a gasket on it that's still good. Selling because I'm going to go with a custom one. Asking $250 shipped OBO. If interested PM me. Thanks

FINAL PRICE DROP $165 SHIPPED I want this damn thing gone lol

·
Bye bye BOOST, i-Vtec now
9,395 Posts
Can I ask for proof?
Honda Type R's does not have valve covers that don't have a polished lettering.
And I believe all the JDM valve covers have "HONDA" on it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
what he said^^

real CTR covers also have the breather port as one piece with the rest of the piece. not that gold pointy thing. sorry to burst your bubble but that appears to be a k24 valve cover refinished wrinkle red.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
you can also get these brand new shipped for 260... lool

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I know, the type R one says Honda but the CTR one says "Honda Motoring Co". I know it's legit because of the company I got it from. I'll find the website for you guys so you can see it. I also based my assumption off this link but I'll get the website for you. I'm asking $250 shipped obo for it with spark plug cover. I appreciate the help but there wasn't a need to be a dick about some comments. If I was wrong, I was wrong. Thanks
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=795833

·
U mad bro?
1,034,606 Posts
From what I know, the type R one says Honda but the CTR one says "Honda Motoring Co". I know it's legit because of the company I got it from. I'll find the website for you guys so you can see it. I also based my assumption off this link but I'll get the website for you. I'm asking $250 shipped obo for it with spark plug cover. I appreciate the help but there wasn't a need to be a dick about some comments. If I was wrong, I was wrong. Thanks
Also found this article. From the research that I've done I believe I'm correct and I was told when I bought it that it's real. Thanks

http://asia.vtec.net/Engines/FD2K20AR/index.html
looks legit to me based on that one official pic

·
I drink Haterade
562 Posts
Shouldn't the valve cover be stamped inside (on the oil baffles) with RRC somewhere? I thought all valve covers had the engine code stamped inside.

But yeah.. looks official.

·
Registered
293 Posts
he's selling it for $120

·
Bańned
12,108 Posts
The ctr says Honda blah blah blah co limited, whatever but from what I recall, the lettering isn't painted, or least its not on my dc5-r one. If I recall correctly, the only difference was the word choice from Honda to whatever the long one is

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Look it up, I already did. I feel like this is more of a discussion when I'm just trying to sell my item. Please if you're not contributing to my sale, please don't say anything. I feel like I have to sit here and defend myself for what I'm selling when I've already proven what it is and authenticity. If you have an issue with my item, please message me. Thanks

1 - 20 of 48 Posts