Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
0 Posts
I would personally get the Comptech. Moss parts are getting hard to find.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nvm I found it haha damn I need to use the search bar more often.
How much boost does the CTSC make?

The base kit makes up to just under 5 psi of boost. The "Stage 2" upgrade increases boost by using a smaller compressor pulley to make the compressor turn faster. The base kit uses a 3.8-inch pulley. Stage 2 uses a 3.6-inch pulley which increases boost to about 6 psi. Comptech also has 3.3-inch (about 8 psi) and 3.1-inch pulleys (about 10 psi).

·
Super Moderator
14,190 Posts
Nvm I found it haha damn I need to use the search bar more often.
How much boost does the CTSC make?

The base kit makes up to just under 5 psi of boost. The "Stage 2" upgrade increases boost by using a smaller compressor pulley to make the compressor turn faster. The base kit uses a 3.8-inch pulley. Stage 2 uses a 3.6-inch pulley which increases boost to about 6 psi. Comptech also has 3.3-inch (about 8 psi) and 3.1-inch pulleys (about 10 psi).
This all depends on what crank pulley you are running. Think of it like a mountain bike and its gears. Bigger the crank gear and smaller the wheel gear = more speed. On a supercharger more speed = more boost. In turn the faster you turn the blower the more heat you produce. These roots style superchargers will get to the point where they make so much heat that it will diminish performance. Faster is not always better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So what you just buy every pully and dyno all the pullys til you get the best numbers lol
I still don't think you understand.. Obviously with the exact same set up a smaller pulley you get you better numbers. No need to dyno every pulley:shakehead

Take a look at other setups and see what kind of power your looking for and what size pulley they use. How much power are you looking for?

·
cheesin'
450 Posts
I still don't think you understand.. Obviously with the exact same set up a smaller pulley you get you better numbers. No need to dyno every pulley:shakehead

Take a look at other setups and see what kind of power your looking for and what size pulley they use. How much power are you looking for?
:rotfl::rotfl: :ugh:

·
Super Moderator
14,190 Posts
So what you just buy every pully and dyno all the pullys til you get the best numbers lol
I wasn't trying to confuse you. Theoretically bigger crank pulley, smaller blower pulley = more boost = more power.

However, for instance you decide to run a skeletor crank pulley (biggest honda crank pulley I beleive) and a 2.85" blower pulley without an aftercooler and/or meth your going to make less top end power then someone with a moderately aggressive setup.

Hope that makes sense to you.

·
cheesin'
450 Posts
i am selling my jrsc with aftercooler kit 2800 shipped. let me know if interested.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts