Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I got beaks in my chicken
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mom's car that is....:thumbsup:

All around great ride..the sound is beautiful and the shifting is butter smooth..

·
I am heavy weapons guy
12,041 Posts
Wow sweet ride. Those are nice man

·
Premium Member
35,049 Posts
Handle like go-carts, sweet. :thumbsup:

·
My butterfly bit me
1,344 Posts
so is that faster then your ride now?

·
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sane 007 said:
so is that faster then your ride now?
Don't know..havent raced my mom yet...lol:laughing:

But i'm not exactly sure though..it sounds strong and feels strong..but not as much as my S!!

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Than a stock RSX, yeh, but the few I saw at the track were all running in the low 15s.

·
Registered
321 Posts
if its the 163hp, then its slow in my opinion I drove one and wasn't impressed at all the cooper works may be a littler faster on the other hand though.

·
I Luv It
1,293 Posts
I love mini coopers. There is one by me that has a body kit some nice rims. Iil get some pics soon. Also the minis in the italian job were so hardcore.

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
yeh they were nice.Im sure you can make the stock ones pretty fast too.Is there a parts market out there for them yet?

·
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pyropete said:
yeh they were nice.Im sure you can make the stock ones pretty fast too.Is there a parts market out there for them yet?
I read of one place a while back that specializes in tuning mini coopers and sell parts..i think they are out in washington state..dont remember for sure though..

·
Registered
115 Posts
James S said:
A supercharged Cooper-S? Yeah, that's faster than an RSX-S.
Uhhh, No it's not. The Cooper-S is by definition supercharged but it only comes with 160 HP. The works 'upgrade' (which retails anywhere from 5K to 7K) bumps power to 200HP. In other words, the same as a stock RSX-S. all that for $35,000 (no shit, thats what the mini dealer quoted me) No thanks. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, they are a blast to drive and the factory suspension tuning of the MINI is much better than the stock RSX but the K series engine is lightyears ahead of the MINI engine and thousands less expensive.

If you could stuff a K20A2 into a MINI chassis I'd be all over it ;)

Mike

·
Registered
389 Posts
2002 Sleeper is right...

The Supercharged Mini Cooper is definitely slower than the RSX-S. I'm not sure if the supercharged model's hp was 160 though, I just remember that its somewhere between 160 - 180 hp. Some people seem to be confusing the Mini Cooper S with the "Works" upgraded Cooper, which includes an upgraded supercharger.

These lil cars may look kinda bubbly, but they can handle great. I've seem them the one time I went autocrossing and they took those turns like champs.

·
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kcruboy said:
2002 Sleeper is right...

The Supercharged Mini Cooper is definitely slower than the RSX-S. I'm not sure if the supercharged model's hp was 160 though, I just remember that its somewhere between 160 - 180 hp. Some people seem to be confusing the Mini Cooper S with the "Works" upgraded Cooper, which includes an upgraded supercharger.

These lil cars may look kinda bubbly, but they can handle great. I've seem them the one time I went autocrossing and they took those turns like champs.
163 HP..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts