Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

781 - 800 of 1284 Posts

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #781
So, after searching for a couple days, I decided to get a generic 10x1.5 threaded delrin shift knob. I couldn't justify dropping $75+ on the spoon one...

Will post my impression on it... Love my CRSX knob, but just looking for something different especially in this FL heat

·
Registered
528 Posts
So, after searching for a couple days, I decided to get a generic 10x1.5 threaded delrin shift knob. I couldn't justify dropping $75+ on the spoon one...

Will post my impression on it... Love my CRSX knob, but just looking for something different especially in this FL heat
Damn I have a buddyclub one laying around that's white Delrin I could've mailed you if you just paid shipping. I run a type r one in mine. Matches interior nicely

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #783
Morning :coffee:

Been enjoying the RSX this week... Totally forgot I never finished adjusting my tune for the bigger nozzle while spraying :noes:

Damn I have a buddyclub one laying around that's white Delrin I could've mailed you if you just paid shipping. I run a type r one in mine. Matches interior nicely
It's all good Sir! Appreciate the consideration :thumbsup:

Ended up getting a $20 one off eBay as a test trial. Still had decent weight (~130g), similar shape to the ITR, threaded (a must), and not metal.

·
Tuna Luna
2,585 Posts
Morning :coffee:

Been enjoying the RSX this week... Totally forgot I never finished adjusting my tune for the bigger nozzle while spraying :noes:

It's all good Sir! Appreciate the consideration :thumbsup:

Ended up getting a $20 one off eBay as a test trial. Still had decent weight (~130g), similar shape to the ITR, threaded (a must), and not metal.
I finally had the car put on an alignment due to that issue of my car going side to side. Turns out the toe way way off on both ends which was causing it to jerk more than usual. Also, I'm running Direzza Star spec2 tires, so it ate them up quicker Bc of the softer compound. Soooo now I'll need new tires soon :(

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #785
I finally had the car put on an alignment due to that issue of my car going side to side. Turns out the toe way way off on both ends which was causing it to jerk more than usual. Also, I'm running Direzza Star spec2 tires, so it ate them up quicker Bc of the softer compound. Soooo now I'll need new tires soon :(
Noooooo, damn that sucks. Any idea what caused the toe to be off? Glad you figured it out nonetheless

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #786
Anyone ran hood spacers or vented hood? Does it help? Ugh, I need to get IATs down and I'm trying to avoid a battery Relo, but I'm thinking it may be the best option

·
Tuna Luna
2,585 Posts
Noooooo, damn that sucks. Any idea what caused the toe to be off? Glad you figured it out nonetheless
The two bolts that hold the coilover to the knuckle came loose. Me not knowing, I ran the car as is and with the instant power, caused it to get out of alignment quicker.
Anyone ran hood spacers or vented hood? Does it help? Ugh, I need to get IATs down and I'm trying to avoid a battery Relo, but I'm thinking it may be the best option
I ran hood spacers before, but the look was too much for me. Never got to check if aits were affected. I'm sure a vented hood would help.

As for the battery relocation, I need to do that as well.

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #788
^ Ahhh, loose suspension can definitely impact alignment. Hopefully no damage to the wheels and just the tires.

May try the spacers as a temp, cheap solution, but know I'll get sick of it.

·
+ Displacement
599 Posts
hood spacer

I know a friend is running hood spacer to vent hot air but then the hood looks weird angle up.
I like things to be smooth from front to back.

A better way would be to ceramic coat your header. That will drop under hood
temp a lot. worth it in the long run.

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #790
So, I knocked out an oil change, installed twist shifter mounting bracket bushing kit (bought this almost 3+ years ago), removed weather stripping from the cowl, and rigged up 3/8" hood risers. I also played with my tune a bit cause it's running rich during WOT.

While driving to the airport this afternoon, I noticed temps were better, so I think it's helping. At first, I thought I would hate the risers cause I like clean lines, but it's not too bad on a black car, and it's not raised obnoxiously.

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #791
I know a friend is running hood spacer to vent hot air but then the hood looks weird angle up.
I like things to be smooth from front to back.

A better way would be to ceramic coat your header. That will drop under hood
temp a lot. worth it in the long run.
Good call on coating the header. Definitely will consider in the future

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #792

·
Registered
528 Posts
Anyone know how to pass inspection these days? I don't believe kpro sets readiness anymore and I can't get a defouler to trick the o2

·
Registered
452 Posts
Anyone know how to pass inspection these days? I don't believe kpro sets readiness anymore and I can't get a defouler to trick the o2
I just threw on the oem exhaust manifold and cat just to be certain there were no issues if they did a visual.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just got it, I went to a friend of a friend's shop and messed with some things in kpro and got it to go through. Thank God lol

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #796
Just got it, I went to a friend of a friend's shop and messed with some things in kpro and got it to go through. Thank God lol
:fistbump: I was about to say, Kpro should definitely be able to handle that for ya

·
Registered
397 Posts
Picked up a 2011 RDX last week. Has some nice tq stock, wondering what a downpipe and a tune will be like :pedobear:

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #798

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #799
So, I'm getting ~200 miles to a tank, but I realized I do drive hard... On my last fill up, I decided to try and drive more conservatively and shift at 3000rpm.

Interested to see how much mileage improves. I know there other factors, but driving habits is a big one. I'm already getting the urge to hear the blower :noes:

·
Past Driver’s Ed
497 Posts
Last time I checked my gas milage was before I installed a blower. The sound of the blower whine is very addictive making the throttle pedal and floorboard close friends. Of course running with larger injectors and E85 doesn't help. Low mpg equals FUN.

781 - 800 of 1284 Posts