Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

921 - 940 of 1277 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
A little under three months and I finally got my blower back. Lets hope things go better this time around...

·
Always on TDY...
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #922
A little under three months and I finally got my blower back. Lets hope things go better this time around...

:fistbump: love the snout on the CTSC. The wrinkle finish looks great!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've tuned my current setup with Derek from IMW. he's a great tuner and is very efficient and quick with revisions.
:thumbsup: Thanks! That was a big help. I sent him an email and he got back to me right away.

·
Always on TDY...
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #926
Hey ive been lurking for awhile now and I think im gonna join you guys in March! lets hope everything works according to plan haha.
:fistbump: that's what's up! Let us know man. We are a rare breed still around, but I don't mind at all.

·
Always on TDY...
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #928 (Edited)
MercRacing is legit. Just understand Jose is a small biz/one man shop, so depending on his current inventory/what you looking to get, certain parts may take time. I'd highly recommend reaching out to him and seeing what's up for yourself.

Most of us run either the og JRSC or CTSC M62s. Several have run/still run the twinscrew. I can't speak much to the twinscrew, but I believe it's direct bolt or little modifications req'd to fit into the DC5 depending on the size blower you go with. What were you thinking about getting?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a Merc TVS1320 kit for sale currently. Complete with injectors, intercooler & piping, fuel pump. Will also have a TVS1900 shortly if anyone is interested.

Sold the car and couldn't cancel the 1900 before it was already processed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a Merc TVS1320 kit for sale currently. Complete with injectors, intercooler & piping, fuel pump. Will also have a TVS1900 shortly if anyone is interested.

Sold the car and couldn't cancel the 1900 before it was already processed.
how many miles were on the TVS1320? Im looking at a 1900 just trying to get everything together.. What intercooler and piping did you go with, They weren't really specific with what intercooler & piping is needed, i wasnt sure if you could straight up buy it for our cars or if it has to be custom made.

·
Educated Redneck
13,394 Posts
Gentlemen... and ladies if there are any in here. Hope all is well and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
38 Posts
They pop up frequently, just keep saving up if you’re set on jrsc and you’ll see one come up.
I just hope the full kit as the JR supercharger needs a alternator or ps bracket spacers.

What's the price look like on them usually? Cause a brand new Comptech unit goes for $3600.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just hope the full kit as the JR supercharger needs a alternator or ps bracket spacers.

What's the price look like on them usually? Cause a brand new Comptech unit goes for $3600.
those spacers are not necessary anymore. majority of the kits out there are using the mercracing auto tensioner bracket, and you won't need to deal with spacers, or the ugly manual tensioner.

usually they sell for right under 3K. if they come with an after cooler just above 3K. depends what other goodies the kit may come with such as injectors and additional pulleys...

if you have a FB, theres a supercharged hondas page and theres constantly roots style superchargers for sale there.

·
Always on TDY...
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #939
Gentlemen... and ladies if there are any in here. Hope all is well and Merry Christmas!
:fistbump: Merry Christmas Sir!

They pop up frequently, just keep saving up if you’re set on jrsc and you’ll see one come up.
QFT

those spacers are not necessary anymore. majority of the kits out there are using the mercracing auto tensioner bracket, and you won't need to deal with spacers, or the ugly manual tensioner.

usually they sell for right under 3K. if they come with an after cooler just above 3K. depends what other goodies the kit may come with such as injectors and additional pulleys...

if you have a FB, theres a supercharged hondas page and theres constantly roots style superchargers for sale there.
QFT again

·
Always on TDY...
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #940
What up peeps! Took a quick road trip from Orlando to ATL last week with the RSX. Held up well despite not having a thermostat. Ended up seeing temps as low as 130* for my ECT cruising in 6th. On the way back, temps stayed above 150*.

Car felt great... Didn't push it when temps were down cause I know VTEC won't engage. Actually averaged about 26 mpg

921 - 940 of 1277 Posts