Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1277 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks. Took a wile to get everything back after the shop fire but i went all out this time around. Shaved bay Benson sleeved block forged internals cnc ported head gear x trans.
Holy crap! That blower looks as big as the engine!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just Curious if anyone here is running the Merc 2.25" aftercooler on a CT kit? I just upgraded from a 1.25" aftercooler and having a lot of issue with clearance under the hood. I have the hood latch set for the highest adjustment and the hood still hits the map sensor/relocation block and my KTuned throttle body bracket. I just ordered the Karcepts TB bracket with has less of a angle and moving the map and adaptor block out of the TB. Just very strange since I have ever heard of any one having this issue...

·
Past Driver’s Ed
494 Posts
Just Curious if anyone here is running the Merc 2.25" aftercooler on a CT kit? I just upgraded from a 1.25" aftercooler and having a lot of issue with clearance under the hood. I have the hood latch set for the highest adjustment and the hood still hits the map sensor/relocation block and my KTuned throttle body bracket. I just ordered the Karcepts TB bracket with has less of a angle and moving the map and adaptor block out of the TB. Just very strange since I have ever heard of any one having this issue...
When I installed VitViper’s Stage 2 aftercooler I had clearance issues with the hood, and the radiator reservoir. Making spacers made from playdough (soft clay), i determined where and how much clearance i needed between the hood and blower hardware. Only required removing a small area of the hood’s structural sheet metal and it didn’t affect the overall strength of the hood. For the radiator reservoir i used a heat gun to slightly modify its shape to clear the bypass valve. Overall everything looks like it came from the factory - so far no one has noticed the modifications.

·
Registered
452 Posts
When I installed VitViper’s Stage 2 aftercooler I had clearance issues with the hood, and the radiator reservoir. Making spacers made from playdough (soft clay), i determined where and how much clearance i needed between the hood and blower hardware. Only required removing a small area of the hood’s structural sheet metal and it didn’t affect the overall strength of the hood. For the radiator reservoir i used a heat gun to slightly modify its shape to clear the bypass valve. Overall everything looks like it came from the factory - so far no one has noticed the modifications.
Very smart on your part to use Playdough, I like that.

Unfortunately, the location the map and the bracket is hitting on my hood isn't where the structural support is but rather the skin of the hood so I don't believe trimming it is an option. Hopefully with the Karcepts TB bracket I can at least get the hood to latch. It will still look like hell from the gaps by the headlights since it is sitting so high with the latch adjustment maxed out.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
494 Posts
I see that you ordered bracket to fix your issue but is it possible to plug the port on the throttle body and relocate the sensor?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I see that you ordered bracket to fix your issue but is it possible to plug the port on the throttle body and relocate the sensor?
Ya I just plugged the TB map hole and zipped tied the map and relocation block to the brake booster line. While it's not as clean as I would like, it works.

·
Always on TDY...
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #989

I think your heading on the right path by relocating your map sensor. Your blower seems to sit much higher in this pic. Relocating the map is the only way I see this working.

Setup looks clean!!!

·
Always on TDY...
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #990
Thanks. Took a wile to get everything back after the shop fire but i went all out this time around. Shaved bay Benson sleeved block forged internals cnc ported head gear x trans.
:bow: nice comeback and can't wait to see the end result!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I know this has been covered several times with the older generation aftercoolers but what are the typical IATs with the newer 2.25" aftercoolers these days. Just cruising (no boost) I am seeing roughly 30 degrees over ambient (70 degree day IAT 110). Seems a little high to me... just looking for some data from others.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
494 Posts
Snow has melted and it's starting to warm up. I’m starting to get the itch to breakout my RSX from storage and get my much needed fix of the supercharger whine!

·
Always on TDY...
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #993
I know this has been covered several times with the older generation aftercoolers but what are the typical IATs with the newer 2.25" aftercoolers these days. Just cruising (no boost) I am seeing roughly 30 degrees over ambient (70 degree day IAT 110). Seems a little high to me... just looking for some data from others.
Sorry, I don't have an A/C, but the numbers don't seem off imho. I've read many OGs still had temp issues with the M62 even with the A/C, so they added W/M for more cooling or jumped to twinscrew.

Snow has melted and it's starting to warm up. I’m starting to get the itch to breakout my RSX from storage and get my much needed fix of the supercharger whine!
Do it! Took mine out today and it felt great hearing the whine

·
Past Driver’s Ed
494 Posts
Finally took my RSX out of storage today and exercised her. Towards the end of the tour was given the opportunity to feed her some smoked Civic. Some drivers need to do a little more homework before they embarrass themself.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey Guys,

Finally finished tuning my car at IMW over the weekend and figured I would share the results. Decided on a more conservative tune (8,200 rev limit) since its my daily and didn't want to push my luck. Ended up with 335 on 93 and 351 w/ meth.

Set up:
Ported blower/manifold & ceramic coated rotor pack
6.37 CP, 2.90 BP, Merc inlet, aftercooler & tensioner
3.5" intake, 74mm TB, Invidia header/Q300 & 1000cc injectors
14 GPH nozzle on KTuner

·
Always on TDY...
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #998
Hey Guys,

Finally finished tuning my car at IMW over the weekend and figured I would share the results. Decided on a more conservative tune (8,200 rev limit) since its my daily and didn't want to push my luck. Ended up with 335 on 93 and 351 w/ meth.

Set up:
14 GPH nozzle on KTuner

Congratulations Sir!!! Solid numbers and your setup looks dope :bow:

·
Always on TDY...
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #999

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Guys,

Set up:
14 GPH nozzle on KTuner

. good sr

thats awesome numbers! its definitely got a lot more left in it, more RPMs, additional cooling, and Ethanol. good stuff :hb:

981 - 1000 of 1277 Posts