Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1308 Posts

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,161
Maybe injectors need cleaning? Aren’t you on e85?
Can regular premium gas cause injectors to clog? I'm now wondering if this is the issue.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
517 Posts
Simply your setup by downloading an earlier program that you know worked well (before meth) just to see if your meth setup is causing the issue.

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,163 (Edited)
Simply your setup by downloading an earlier program that you know worked well (before meth) just to see if your meth setup is causing the issue.
Ah...good point! Will try to load an older tune to see if that works. Thanks for the advice.

Edit:
GM,

More information. I loaded an old tune this morning and datalog. Car felt fine. I didn't get on it, turned off W/M, and just drove normal. I experienced the bog around 10 mins into the ride.

Reviewing the datalog shows:
Frame 3866
Rpm 3331
Map -5.6
A/F 14.27
TPS 23%
IGN 29*
Kcount 0
ECT 174*
IAT 127*
VSS 25mph
Gear 2
Batt 14v

Frame 3867
Rpm 0
Map -29.9
A/F 689.6
TPS -10%
IGN -64*

Kcount 0
ECT 174*
IAT 127*
VSS 0mph
Gear 0
Batt 14v

Frame 3868
Rpm 3757
Map -15.6
A/F 10.77
TPS 0%
IGN 44*
Kcount 0
ECT 174*
IAT 127*
VSS 26mph
Gear 2
Batt 14v

MIL came on about 90 secs after this. I know believe the issue is no longer the tune. Injectors reading was way off. Any advice?

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,164 (Edited)
So I found a unplugged wire by the firewall and this may be my problem. I must have disconnected during the CMC install, but don't recall where it goes.

It's 2 plugs. One connects to the Brake master cylinder. Second one is round with 2 wires (green and black) and not connected. Anyone recalls where it connects too?

Also, my intake is rubbing on the main harness. Going to see if I can adjust the intake.

Edit: nevermind. I figured it out. It's the PS pressure switch and I deleted the PS. Going to find a better location and tape it off.

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,166
Good to hear, I had that plug loose for awhile and couldn’t remember for the life of me where it went to��
Forreal, I was going crazy cause I know that I didn't unplugged anything recently without plugging it back in. I had it in a location that was exposed to outside elements, so not sure if that could cause issues. I taped it up and relocated plug to a better location.

Also, my intake cut into the main harness a bit. Doesn't look like any wires were cut thankfully, I put some protective insulation and retaped that part of the harness.

Last, I double checked all grounds and redid my E21 and E22 connections at the ECU. Will reload .Kal and give it a test tomorrow.

·
+ Displacement
599 Posts
kpro v1

I am still using kpro v1 since 2007. Recently, I had an issue with daughterboard error.

My battery voltage is good around 14.0V at idle but the daughterboard error won't go away and it goes into limp mode.

It seems to clear after I reload the map again. It will probably be good for a few months before the error comes back again.

I am getting the error because it says low battery voltage. That is not the case as my battery is fully charged and hovering around 14.0V

so Its pretty strange and I put to the fact that I am still on V1 while a lot of people out there is on V3 or V4.

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,169 (Edited)
I am still using kpro v1 since 2007. Recently, I had an issue with daughterboard error.

My battery voltage is good around 14.0V at idle but the daughterboard error won't go away and it goes into limp mode.

It seems to clear after I reload the map again. It will probably be good for a few months before the error comes back again.

I am getting the error because it says low battery voltage. That is not the case as my battery is fully charged and hovering around 14.0V

so Its pretty strange and I put to the fact that I am still on V1 while a lot of people out there is on V3 or V4.
So I'm not going crazy?!?! I did ask this question on Hondata forum and the recommendation was to test the ECU in another car to see if it follows the ECU. I'm really hoping what I did will fix it (testing tonight), but my fear is that it may be the ECU.

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,170
No joy... Car is still bogging/bucking. This is not even normal driving. I'm literally feathering it in anticipation.

Happened 3x times driving into work today. MIL came on on 2nd bog. 3rd cleared MIL, car felt responsive, and then MIL came back 30 secs later.

·
+ Displacement
599 Posts
MAP sensor

Just try this, put another stock OEM Map sensor in.

I assume you have the Hondata/Omni Map sensor in your car?

put the stockie back in, set it in Hondata to stock map sensor and see if
the problem goes away. Should be easy to test.

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,172
Just try this, put another stock OEM Map sensor in.

I assume you have the Hondata/Omni Map sensor in your car?

put the stockie back in, set it in Hondata to stock map sensor and see if
the problem goes away. Should be easy to test.
I have a GM 3bar map sensor. I've contacted Hondata already and they are looking into it. I'll report back what I hear.

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,173
So Hondata checked out my ECU and reported it was fine. Reinstalled and drove to work today. Car is not driving good at all.

I think my TPS is failing. In reviewing the datalog, the sharp dips show TPS at -10. I'm still running on the original OEM from 2002.

Any recommendations for a new TPS? I've seen mixed reviews, but seems Acuity is best from a quick search.

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,174
I went ahead and ordered the Acuity Hall Effect TPS and Calibration harness. Also plan on sending my throttle body to be serviced by Maxbore.

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,176
the acuity tps is good, shouldn't have issues with it
Thanks for the affirmation! I was losing my shit this morning trying to drive and not get rear ended. Swapped cars during lunch.

Sensor should be here by Wed. Will report if my issue is resolved.

·
Tuna Luna
2,585 Posts
Thanks for the affirmation! I was losing my shit this morning trying to drive and not get rear ended. Swapped cars during lunch.

Yeah x2 on acuity. Also, It didn’t cross my mind about the problem you were having possibly relating to tps. It happened to me awhile back and the car would do just that. My bad, I just haven’t driven the car in so long that I forgot I went through that similar problem. Once I switched it, car ran fine. Hope that’s what is causing the problem so it can be fixed:thumbsup:

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,178

Yeah x2 on acuity. Also, It didn’t cross my mind about the problem you were having possibly relating to tps. It happened to me awhile back and the car would do just that. My bad, I just haven’t driven the car in so long that I forgot I went through that similar problem. Once I switched it, car ran fine. Hope that’s what is causing the problem so it can be fixed<a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Thumbs Up" ></a>
Lol, no worries! Got the new TPS and took my TB out this morning. Going to get it maxbored and reinstall. Fingers crossed it resolves my problem!

·
+ Displacement
599 Posts
acuity TPS

Lol, no worries! Got the new TPS and took my TB out this morning. Going to get it maxbored and reinstall. Fingers crossed it resolves my problem!
Acuity TPS is a one of the best upgrade you can do to an aging Car. I have it too.

I just want to mention that you don't need the adjustment harness as you have K-pro.

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,180
Acuity TPS is a one of the best upgrade you can do to an aging Car. I have it too.

I just want to mention that you don't need the adjustment harness as you have K-pro.
Ah, too late. Wish I would have known that prior too, but oh well. TB is out for service and should be back by next week. Will keep everyone posted if it resolves the issue.

1161 - 1180 of 1308 Posts