Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1324 Posts

·
Past Driver’s Ed
540 Posts
In Orlando with the family for a wedding and some Disney time. At 98-100 deg F, it's hotter than hell down here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,182
In Orlando with the family for a wedding and some Disney time. At 98-100 deg F, it's hotter than hell down here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Welcome to Orlando! Sounds accurate lol... My wife was just saying earlier that she feels bad for anyone at theme parks today.

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,183
Just got my TB back from Maxbore. Will install tomorrow and see if my issue is resolved. My OEM TB was bored the 65mm vs the stock 62mm.

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,184
Just got my TB back from Maxbore. Will install tomorrow and see if my issue is resolved. My OEM TB was bored the 65mm vs the stock 62mm.
Update... Looks like my bucking/stalling issue has been resolved. I believe the TPS was the issue. Need to update my tune as I noticed some knock. Temp has drastically changed since the last time I drove my car.

U may have asked this already, but do you guys have a summer tune and a winter tune? I noticed I usually complete my tune when temps are cooler (Jan -mid 50s-60s), and now summer I'm seeing 90-100*. Need to build a summer tune now the car is driveable again.

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,187
Only one tune - works well with Chicago's extreme temperature range.
Same here, just one tune all year. But i do notice it when It does get hotter since I also did my tune when it was cooler.
Thanks for the replies. I've always done one tune as well, but I think I need to adjust slightly and have a summer tune. Yesterday, highs was upper 90s and my temps hit IAT - 180s* and ECT - 213* w/ AC on.

Took the car into work today and datalogged. Didn't see any knock but was ambient temp was 70s driving in.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
540 Posts
I had a nice time last week visiting the Orlando area. It was sunny everyday and I didn’t have to fight the mosquitoes like we have in the Chicago area. With ambient temperature close to 100 F degrees, plus high humidity, that unbearable climate must be stealing around 40 hp from your poor engine’s output.

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,189
I had a nice time last week visiting the Orlando area. It was sunny everyday and I didn’t have to fight the mosquitoes like we have in the Chicago area. With ambient temperature close to 100 F degrees, plus high humidity, that unbearable climate must be stealing around 40 hp from your poor engine’s output.
Yessir! You just missed love bug season cause those things were everywhere until 2 weeks ago. Complete 180 today from last weekend. Went from no rain for weeks to torrential downpours. Needed the rain, so I'm not complaining.

Yes, you can tell the car feels different in the summer. I tweaked my tune last week without meth injection, but still need to dial in when spraying. Didn't realize boring the TB a few MMS would adjust the tune as much as it did. Car does feel whole again being able to drive without worrying about it bucking.

·
Tuna Luna
2,585 Posts
Anyone else have trouble contacting Jose at mercracing? Wanted to purchase the manifold for the jrsc along with the aftercooler core, but he never seems to respond back. Now I’m actually just thinking of going back to NA for now and then do a simple turbo setup later since my factory jrsc manifold is a complete loss with cracks in it.

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,191
Anyone else have trouble contacting Jose at mercracing? Wanted to purchase the manifold for the jrsc along with the aftercooler core, but he never seems to respond back. Now I’m actually just thinking of going back to NA for now and then do a simple turbo setup later since my factory jrsc manifold is a complete loss with cracks in it.
I haven't contacted him recently. I know he's active on IG and FB. Tried to catch him there? I recall he had one jrsc manifold available at least a month ago. That is the one downfall of a one man business. Can be hard to track down based on his/her priorities.

How's the car coming along otherwise?

·
Super Moderator
14,190 Posts
I haven't contacted him recently. I know he's active on IG and FB. Tried to catch him there? I recall he had one jrsc manifold available at least a month ago. That is the one downfall of a one man business. Can be hard to track down based on his/her priorities.

FB, IG, or email. I don't think he is on here very much anymore.

·
Tuna Luna
2,585 Posts

Yeah I tried Ig since I don’t have fb.

The car is moving along, almost ready to spray the bay and then put everything back in. I’m pretty excited. Hopefully I can remember how everything goes back together haha :scared:

If you still have my number, shoot me a text. Posting pics here is a mission itself lol.
Yup, he actually replied back yesterday morning, few hours later if anything after my post that the best place to contact him is through email. So if anyone here told him about my post, thanks!

I’ll be contacting him to get things squared Away!

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,194

Yeah I tried Ig since I don’t have fb.

The car is moving along, almost ready to spray the bay and then put everything back in. I’m pretty excited. Hopefully I can remember how everything goes back together haha :scared:

If you still have my number, shoot me a text. Posting pics here is a mission itself lol.
Yup, he actually replied back yesterday morning, few hours later if anything after my post that the best place to contact him is through email. So if anyone here told him about my post, thanks!

I’ll be contacting him to get things squared Away!
Nice! Glad to see you got him!

·
+ Displacement
599 Posts
Merc Racing

wow, Jose responded. He is usually very busy and I usually spoke with someone else
by email.

Anyways, Up here in Canada, I used to have two tune, one for winter and one for Summer.

I have since combine both tune to one. The trick was to make sure you do your air temperature calculation after you finished tuning and adjust accordingly to the temperature of the day.

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,196
wow, Jose responded. He is usually very busy and I usually spoke with someone else
by email.

Anyways, Up here in Canada, I used to have two tune, one for winter and one for Summer.

I have since combine both tune to one. The trick was to make sure you do your air temperature calculation after you finished tuning and adjust accordingly to the temperature of the day.
Good to know! Will update how it pans out for me. Tweaking now for the higher IAT and ECTs exhibited here in Central FL.

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,197
Completely random... After almost 2 years of not using my remote, I finally changed the battery and it works! Passenger door actuator needs to be replaced, but driver side wasn't functioning properly, so I never bothered changing remote the battery.

Key FOB for the MDX went out so I decided to get new batteries for that and the RSX as well and boom, it worked. Little things sometimes make a big difference lol

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,199
<a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/wavey.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Wavey" ></a>
Sup Sir... How's things been? Still got the RSX?

·
Still here
209,220 Posts
Im good man how about you?

After 6 years I decided to fix my rsx. I just got the transmission out and it looks like 2nd gear is toast. ill post pics later. I just ordered the gear x 1-4 drag gear set and synchrotech carbon synchros

1181 - 1200 of 1324 Posts