Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1298 Posts

·
Tuna Luna
2,585 Posts
Won’t you need to have a fuel return setup? My setup is 3in bp, k20a2 cp, aftercooled on a z1 with e85 and the tuner said I need fuel return if I run a bigger cp due to the cycle duty being at 90% already.

·
Always on TDY...
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,224
Won’t you need to have a fuel return setup? My setup is 3in bp, k20a2 cp, aftercooled on a z1 with e85 and the tuner said I need fuel return if I run a bigger cp due to the cycle duty being at 90% already.
Injector size plays a factor in duty cycle as well if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
752 Posts
It sure is hard finding a supercharger these days. Three months ago, I've upgraded to a dual pulley on my b8.5 s4 and haven't driven the honda since. I really need a charger for my EP3. Let me know if anyone is thinking of selling their kit.

·
Always on TDY...
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,229
It sure is hard finding a supercharger these days. Three months ago, I've upgraded to a dual pulley on my b8.5 s4 and haven't driven the honda since. I really need a charger for my EP3. Let me know if anyone is thinking of selling their kit.
Definitely becoming more rare to find one used ones nowadays... Not sure if CT still makes them, but majority of folks are going with twin-screw setups if you plan on buying new. Been trying to get my brother to test out a mr1320 on his '12 Si

·
Registered
752 Posts
It's just the size of them. I dont think the MR900 would even fit in the EP3's engine bay.

·
Always on TDY...
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,231
It's just the size of them. I dont think the MR900 would even fit in the EP3's engine bay.
Ah got ya... Forgot the EP3 had a different mount set-up for the JRSC. Yes, some custom work is likely to get it to fit for sure.

·
Zenki
124 Posts
so i finally installed JRSC with 3.4 pulley, everything looks good. when i load up the 5-7psi basemap on kpro, the maximum boost i see on kpro and boost gauge is 4psi. I made sure the manifold bottom plate is sealed with ultra grey, since the paper gasket was teared, and all the bolts are snug with blue loctite. Any thoughts? Does anyone got a kal that i can use?
K20a2
Inject CAI
RC 650
JRSC 7psi
PLM RH
Q300 Exhaust

·
Always on TDY...
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,233
so i finally installed JRSC with 3.4 pulley, everything looks good. when i load up the 5-7psi basemap on kpro, the maximum boost i see on kpro and boost gauge is 4psi. I made sure the manifold bottom plate is sealed with ultra grey, since the paper gasket was teared, and all the bolts are snug with blue loctite. Any thoughts? Does anyone got a kal that i can use?
K20a2
Inject CAI
RC 650
JRSC 7psi
PLM RH
Q300 Exhaust
Sup bro, first off congratulations and welcome to the S/C crew! Unfortunately, base maps are hit or miss for people. My first setup could not run off the KPRO provided S/C base map ( think it's the one you are trying now).

Based on your setup, if you have the K20a2 crank pulley and 3.4" boost pulley, you should be spinning the blower at 14,670 rev/min at 8600 rpm. You should be closer to 6-7 psi. What MAP sensor are you using? Where is your MAP connected? Lastly, what is the reading in KPRO in case your boost gauge needs to be calibrated.

If the car is not surging, then you shouldn't have a vacuum leak. Also, where are you located in relation to sea elevation? That can affect your boost numbers as well.

·
Zenki
124 Posts
thanks, the car whines when it's above 3.5k rpm, but the whine isn't as dramatic as the one i see on youtube. The basemap works fine after i tweak it a bit to obtain a closer to normal idle. I couldn't get it idle nicely.

I am using RDX 2.8bar sensor, the sensor was used, not sure if its the sensor that's throwing the wrong reading. Max PSI i have seen on datalog was 4psi. From 3k to 7k rpm, starts out with 3psi and slowly goes to 4.2ish. Car is pretty smooth until it decels, it tends to buck a bit while in gear. Located in Toronto, according to google, 251 ft above sea level if that helps.

·
Always on TDY...
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,235
thanks, the car whines when it's above 3.5k rpm, but the whine isn't as dramatic as the one i see on youtube. The basemap works fine after i tweak it a bit to obtain a closer to normal idle. I couldn't get it idle nicely.

I am using RDX 2.8bar sensor, the sensor was used, not sure if its the sensor that's throwing the wrong reading. Max PSI i have seen on datalog was 4psi. From 3k to 7k rpm, starts out with 3psi and slowly goes to 4.2ish. Car is pretty smooth until it decels, it tends to buck a bit while in gear. Located in Toronto, according to google, 251 ft above sea level if that helps.
Cool. You should be seeing more boost. My recommendation is get a new MAP sensor and ensure it connected to the S/C manifold to get accurate air pressure readings (i.e., not the stock location on the TB).
I'm using a GM 3bar MAP (bought new in 2012) sensor that I got off eBay for $60. Been using it for 7 years now with no issues.

Post a pic of your setup if possible. Also check your sensor connections and ensure plugs are connected well and not swapped.

·
Zenki
124 Posts
Cool. You should be seeing more boost. My recommendation is get a new MAP sensor and ensure it connected to the S/C manifold to get accurate air pressure readings (i.e., not the stock location on the TB).
I'm using a GM 3bar MAP (bought new in 2012) sensor that I got off eBay for $60. Been using it for 7 years now with no issues.

Post a pic of your setup if possible. Also check your sensor connections and ensure plugs are connected well and not swapped.
I think the rdx sensor is working properly, because I have the aem boost gauge hooked up, and it is showing boost at around 3-4psi. And both of them are hooked up to the 2 nipples at the manifold.

Could it be the bypass valve not closing properly? How can you check if it's closing properly?

·
Always on TDY...
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,238

I think the rdx sensor is working properly, because I have the aem boost gauge hooked up, and it is showing boost at around 3-4psi. And both of them are hooked up to the 2 nipples at the manifold.

Could it be the bypass valve not closing properly? How can you check if it's closing properly?
Could be. I personally have not had to troubleshoot the bypass, but I'm not sure that is your issue.

That's the current engine bay
Looking at the pic, you have a stock TB. Your map sensor is in it? Did you block the air passage in the TB?

·
Always on TDY...
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,239

What belt are you running? I wonder if you have belt slip... belt slip is common and will cause reduce psi. Also, check to see you don't have boost leak anywhere

·
Zenki
124 Posts
What belt are you running? I wonder if you have belt slip... belt slip is common and will cause reduce psi. Also, check to see you don't have boost leak anywhere
My mistake, it was my impression of JRSC reaching max boost at lower rpm that screwed with my mind. Once i brought the motor up to 8.2k, the boost was at 6.5. And it was a smooth gradual increase of boost from 3k to 8k. PS i am running 81.5 continental(4060815).

Could be. I personally have not had to troubleshoot the bypass, but I'm not sure that is your issue.

Looking at the pic, you have a stock TB. Your map sensor is in it? Did you block the air passage in the TB?
Bypass valve works, since i unplug the hose from the inlet nipple and suck on it, it holds the pressure. I got lazy and didn't have the map sensor relocation, so i just left the stock map sensor in there and ziptie the RDX map sensor somewhere else.

One question, if i was to get a k24 crank pulley, that would make it 9psi. Would i need to upgrade my injectors? I have RC650 right now, they are at 56%@8.2k.

1221 - 1240 of 1298 Posts