Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1284 Posts

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,241
What belt are you running? I wonder if you have belt slip... belt slip is common and will cause reduce psi. Also, check to see you don't have boost leak anywhere
My mistake, it was my impression of JRSC reaching max boost at lower rpm that screwed with my mind. Once i brought the motor up to 8.2k, the boost was at 6.5. And it was a smooth gradual increase of boost from 3k to 8k. PS i am running 81.5 continental(4060815).

Could be. I personally have not had to troubleshoot the bypass, but I'm not sure that is your issue.

Looking at the pic, you have a stock TB. Your map sensor is in it? Did you block the air passage in the TB?
Bypass valve works, since i unplug the hose from the inlet nipple and suck on it, it holds the pressure. I got lazy and didn't have the map sensor relocation, so i just left the stock map sensor in there and ziptie the RDX map sensor somewhere else.

One question, if i was to get a k24 crank pulley, that would make it 9psi. Would i need to upgrade my injectors? I have RC650 right now, they are at 56%@8.2k.
Ok, glad you figured it out. Why not change the BP? Will increase boost and be cheaper. You have room in your current injectors to run a smaller boost pulley or a larger k24 CP.

How's your hood clearance? My hood used to rub on the PS pump. Hopefully you don't have that issue. Lastly, how's your intake temps?

·
Past Driver’s Ed
497 Posts
Hey everyone. Just checking in. Took my RSX to work today to show it off to some of my coworkers. After a few rides, coworkers were well impressed with the performance output and the sound of the supercharger whine. After all the fun I noticed that the odometer just turned 190K. Even with a 190K miles and 17 years old, the body style of the RSX still draws attention.

·
Zenki
124 Posts
Ok, glad you figured it out. Why not change the BP? Will increase boost and be cheaper. You have room in your current injectors to run a smaller boost pulley or a larger k24 CP.

How's your hood clearance? My hood used to rub on the PS pump. Hopefully you don't have that issue. Lastly, how's your intake temps?
I want to do k24 CP and 3 in pulley to reach 11-13 psi. I am getting aftercooler from Jose. Would the injector still be okay with that amount of boost? Do I need to upgrade my fuel pump for that? It's stock ATM.

I had good clearance before, but now I switched to a lower profile mounting bolt and had to grind a bit of it for fully clear it. Also had to replace the stock hose clamp. Highest iat I saw after 3rd gear pull was 135f is that high?

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,244
Hey everyone. Just checking in. Took my RSX to work today to show it off to some of my coworkers. After a few rides, coworkers were well impressed with the performance output and the sound of the supercharger whine. After all the fun I noticed that the odometer just turned 190K. Even with a 190K miles and 17 years old, the body style of the RSX still draws attention.
Nice... Glad to see you let them know the RSX still pulling and looking for attention :fistbump:

I want to do k24 CP and 3 in pulley to reach 11-13 psi. I am getting aftercooler from Jose. Would the injector still be okay with that amount of boost? Do I need to upgrade my fuel pump for that? It's stock ATM.

I had good clearance before, but now I switched to a lower profile mounting bolt and had to grind a bit of it for fully clear it. Also had to replace the stock hose clamp. Highest iat I saw after 3rd gear pull was 135f is that high?
Yes, K24 CP+ 3" BP would require new bigger injectors. I run 775cc and that is the pulley setup I have on my k24. Aftercooler would definitely be recommended...

You can still run stock fuel pump, no issues. I've been running stock fuel pump for years. If your IATs are 135* that's straight, but when you increase the CP and BP, the temps will spike. The aftercooler will definitely help.

I'm not aftercooled. I run a 3" BP + k24 CP on my k24, but I have 1000cc/min alcohol/methanol injection to keep temps in check. I push 8-9 psi at 7600rpm on my K24 and can hit 180* IATs during the summers here in Orlando. When I spray, it gets to 150s* during WOT.

·
Still here
209,214 Posts
update. my countershaft had a chip in it. ordered a new fd. going to get back to pressing gears on. hoping i measure mainshaft thrust clearance correctly.

missed wrenching on this car.

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,247
oh shit. is magnesium not doing e tunes anymore?
No Sir... I attempted to reach out few years ago and he was on a hiatus and moving. Haven't heard from him since.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
497 Posts
This morning I was driving down the interstate in my RSX-S with my youngest son following me in his new Veloster N with the performance package. Next thing I noticed was a black Type R coming up behind us on the inside lane. I will say it was fun to have the new and the old traveling together for a few miles down the road. Well to make a long story short, the Type R doesn't look bad from the the old RSX’s rear view mirror. Side note, both my boys each bought a new Veloster N. They both went with the Veloster N because they felt it was the closest thing overall to the RSX-S for $30k.

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,250
This morning I was driving down the interstate in my RSX-S with my youngest son following me in his new Veloster N with the performance package. Next thing I noticed was a black Type R coming up behind us on the inside lane. I will say it was fun to have the new and the old traveling together for a few miles down the road. Well to make a long story short, the Type R doesn't look bad from the the old RSX’s rear view mirror. Side note, both my boys each bought a new Veloster N. They both went with the Veloster N because they felt it was the closest thing overall to the RSX-S for $30k.
Nice story! I actually like the baby blue Veloster N. My brother is putting his 8th gen Si back to stock to potentially pick up a CTR.

Been driving my RSX more. Not up to par in looks, but feels great on the road. It's still crazy hot here in Orlando. ECTs climb to 206* F w/ AC and I don't have a tstat. I need to tune up my water meth to keep IATs in check. Been running without it since I reinstalled the MaxBore TB and Acuity TPS.

·
+ Displacement
599 Posts
Nice story! I actually like the baby blue Veloster N. My brother is putting his 8th gen Si back to stock to potentially pick up a CTR.

Been driving my RSX more. Not up to par in looks, but feels great on the road. It's still crazy hot here in Orlando. ECTs climb to 206* F w/ AC and I don't have a tstat. I need to tune up my water meth to keep IATs in check. Been running without it since I reinstalled the MaxBore TB and Acuity TPS.
I put my OEM TB back on instead of using the hybrid racing 74mm TB. Apparently, after many years of using the Hybrid racing, the butterfly or somewhere is leaking and idling is sitting around 1400 rpm.

The thing I noticed is that my low end is a whole lot more responsive and top end is slightly lacking.

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,252
^ interesting... So better response with the OEM TB over the hybrid racing? My car response has improved since getting the TB rebuilt.

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,256
I did buy the extra harness, but it's NOT REQUIRED! I can't even find it now lol. K-Pro allows you to adjust the TPS scaling by reading min and Max.

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,257 (Edited)
In other news, I took the RSX out to see what's going on with my water/meth injection. I've was experiencing slight bogs during acceleration, but sorted that out adjusting fuel w/o spray activation.

Today, took the car for a 30 min drive data logging and a couple WOT pulls. So far, car did well. I only recorded 1 knock and I bogged once during spraying. I didn't push the car because I'm hesitant. After driving this thing bucking for a while 3 months back, I don't want to break it lol.

I think I'm running too rich, so going to pull more fuel to see if it resolves the issue.

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,258
Ugh, something crazy happened... I updated some values in my .Kal and for whatever reason it caused my W/M pump to engage. Not knowing, it was pumping, I tried to start my car and it multiple times and wouldn't start.

I load the old tune and my W/M pump stops. I go to the engine bay now and see water dripping from the intake. I pull the intake and a ton of water comes out... Fuuuuuuuu

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,260
^ doubt it. I loaded my old tune and everything was fine. Something tweaked in me updating the .kal caused it to activate upon turning key to "on" position. I have since deleted that .kal and loaded my original one.

Problem is damage has been done. Motor seized on Saturday :face:

Extremely bad timing, so car has to sit for a few months before I even start thinking what to do.

1241 - 1260 of 1284 Posts