Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1284 Posts

·
Still here
209,214 Posts
^ doubt it. I loaded my old tune and everything was fine. Something tweaked in me updating the .kal caused it to activate upon turning key to "on" position. I have since deleted that .kal and loaded my original one.

Problem is damage has been done. Motor seized on Saturday :face:

Extremely bad timing, so car has to sit for a few months before I even start thinking what to do.
Damn dude so sorry to hear. Anything I can do to help let me know.

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,263
Damn dude so sorry to hear. Anything I can do to help let me know.
:fistbump: appreciate it Sir! I'm currently letting it sit until winter break and then will figure out how to get it going again. Spent last weekend putting new tires and new battery to get my beater driveable again.

I already stopped by my indy shop and explained what happened. I'll lean on them to give me a full assessment and will keep you all updated.

·
Zenki
124 Posts
^ doubt it. I loaded my old tune and everything was fine. Something tweaked in me updating the .kal caused it to activate upon turning key to "on" position. I have since deleted that .kal and loaded my original one.

Problem is damage has been done. Motor seized on Saturday :face:

Extremely bad timing, so car has to sit for a few months before I even start thinking what to do.
dam. sorry to hear that.. new motor coming?

One question, my idle speed is set at 900. but the car only idles around 1.1-1.2k, never go under 1k. Vacuum leak? or do i just need a better basemap tune?

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,267
dam. sorry to hear that.. new motor coming?

One question, my idle speed is set at 900. but the car only idles around 1.1-1.2k, never go under 1k. Vacuum leak? or do i just need a better basemap tune?
:fistbump: thanks! Not sure about new motor yet. Once I clear some other priorities, I revisit the RSX.

Did you figure out your idle? Thinking vacuum leak somewhere.

holy shit that sucks :(
Live and learn...

Did anyone ever use those JRSC Power Cards back in the day?
I wonder if I can supercharge my CRV and use one of those for the tuning
Sup bro, long time. I never used the power card, but I would think there should be a way to tune it as I think there was a kraftswerk kit for CRVs at one point.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
497 Posts
The other day I invited a coworker from California to visit my house. He’s a car enthusiast who owns a S2K. So I let him drive back to back my modified MK7 GTI, RSX-S, and my son’s 2020 Veloster N with the performance package. Three cars with different personalities on how they generate power. Based on the ear to ear grin on his face, the man was very impressed.

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,272
It may just take some getting used too... I finally drained the oil from my RSX afterwork. It was late at night and it started raining on me, ugh.

Turns out, I read something saying if water was still in the motor, it could cause rust issues. I haven't drained the oil since the incident, so I started getting nervous. From what I saw, the oil did not look like water was in it. Will confirm in the morning.

·
Still here
209,214 Posts
props to gear x. my factory 6 gear wouldnt fit on the fd countershaft. I called them and proved their specs didnt work with oem. they are giving me a gear x 6th for free. the ratio is horrible for highway like .807 but its free and i just wanna drive my car

·
Always on TDY...
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,274
^ nice! Keep us posted...

Random question... Can the M62 seized up from too much water? I drained the oil in the motor and didn't see any water. I'm wondering if the JRSC rotor can seize up from water.

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
yea a ton of forums went to this since they are all part of vertical scope i guess. not liking it at all either.

anyone of you guys have any info on the reinforced shaft for the jsrc? i know scuffers was producing them a long time ago not sure where i can track down one of them nowadays.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
497 Posts
Winter, not my favorite time of year. It's that time of the year when I have to discipline myself and store the RSX away for the winter to avoid exposure to the salt and potholes. Now my daily driver is no slug. It’s a modified MK7 GTI with DSG and it's pretty respectable on the street like the RSX. But man, sixteen years later and with a “little” extra horsepower the RXS is still a true drivers car. It's only been a couple weeks but I already miss the rawness of that car. Maybe it's time to move further south.

1261 - 1280 of 1284 Posts