Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1324 Posts

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,281
yea a ton of forums went to this since they are all part of vertical scope i guess. not liking it at all either.

anyone of you guys have any info on the reinforced shaft for the jsrc? i know scuffers was producing them a long time ago not sure where i can track down one of them nowadays.
Sup bro, unsure where you can find one of those reinforced shafts nowadays. A few years back, I recall someone reached out to him and he had a few left, but that was a while ago.

Maybe ask mercracing if he's interested in making a few?

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,282
Winter, not my favorite time of year. It's that time of the year when I have to discipline myself and store the RSX away for the winter to avoid exposure to the salt and potholes. Now my daily driver is no slug. It’s a modified MK7 GTI with DSG and it's pretty respectable on the street like the RSX. But man, sixteen years later and with a “little” extra horsepower the RXS is still a true drivers car. It's only been a couple weeks but I already miss the rawness of that car. Maybe it's time to move further south.
One of the main reasons I can't move north lol. Mine is still down, been crazy at work and at home, working with my son to maintain his grades. Hoping to get some time to work on it during Christmas break.

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,283

·
Past Driver’s Ed
537 Posts
One of the main reasons I can't move north lol. Mine is still down, been crazy at work and at home, working with my son to maintain his grades. Hoping to get some time to work on it during Christmas break.
I remember those days helping with schoolwork. It does payoff. This spring my youngest graduated on time from Purdue in Chemical Engineering. Now I get to play with his new Veloster N that he bought himself. Keep us posted on the outcome of your engine issue.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
537 Posts
No new updates on my RSX, but I've been having fun working with my sons on both of their new Veloster Ns. Each installed JB4 tunes on their Ns and are now writing custom tunes. The Ns are getting quicker, but still not as quick as my RSX or my Stage 2 MK7 GTI. Neat project - 2 liter vs 2 liter.

·
Registered
531 Posts
What's up gents? Been a while since I've hopped on the forum. Currently pushing 100k mile on the supercharger setup and 180k mile on the motor. Which leads me to my question. Do you guys get a slight rattle from the charger on idle? It's been making plenty of boost 13ish psi and no noise that I can hear under boost. But I do hear a bit of a rattle on idle.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
537 Posts
I haven’t experienced that issue myself. Not sure but under the condition as you described, it's been my experience with other machinery that there is abundant gear backlash or lack of proper lubrication.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I haven’t experienced that issue myself. Not sure but under the condition as you described, it's been my experience with other machinery that there is abundant gear backlash or lack of proper lubrication.
Yeah that's what it seems like, as soon as it's off idle it quiets right down. I put fresh oil in it maybe 15k miles ago so I doubt it would be lubrication issues since theres no signs of leakage

·
Registered
531 Posts
After some deeper research it's looking like it would be the coupler. Cheap easy fix but really dont feel like removing the charger and dealing with the aftercooler hoses to remove it.

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,293
After some deeper research it's looking like it would be the coupler. Cheap easy fix but really dont feel like removing the charger and dealing with the aftercooler hoses to remove it.
Yes, it's the coupler in the snout. There is a rebuild kit on rollingperformance dot com that's highly recommended. I plan on getting the ceramic ball bearing kit.

As I'm getting older, I'm finding less and less motivation to work on my RSX lol. Also, life in general doesn't help. My car has been down since Oct, so I know how you feel.

·
Still here
209,220 Posts
I have the rolling performance kit. Pretty good quality.

Im still slowly putting my transmission back together. After almost 6 years I might be driving my rsx again this summer

·
Still here
209,220 Posts
so my transmission should hopefully be done soon. gear x gears 1-6 gear x 4.0 fd mfactory lsd and synchrotech syncros 1-6. Should i use a tsx cp or should i use the "skeletor" pulley for the most boost? I will be using id 1000cc injectors and a fuel return system. Is that a good setup or should I just go with the tsx cp. I have a 3in bp now with an aftercooler. possibly doing a 50 shot of nitrous if the guy a street over sells me his unused dry kit.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
537 Posts
so my transmission should hopefully be done soon. gear x gears 1-6 gear x 4.0 fd mfactory lsd and synchrotech syncros 1-6. Should i use a tsx cp or should i use the "skeletor" pulley for the most boost? I will be using id 1000cc injectors and a fuel return system. Is that a good setup or should I just go with the tsx cp. I have a 3in bp now with an aftercooler. possibly doing a 50 shot of nitrous if the guy a street over sells me his unused dry kit.
Nothing wrong with your plan, but keep one foot touching the ground to maintain a little reliability. Keep an eye on your blower rpms because the upper rpms take a toll on its drivetrain. If you’re still running on the stock shortblock, you may be challenging its limits with both 11 psi boost (post aftercooler) and nitrous. Running on E85, I still have wiggle room with my 1000cc injectors with a return fuel system, but I would definitely get a serious tune when adding nitrous. Update your spark plugs to a step colder. Remember, don’t jump the gun and skip a real tune. No room for error when you’re pushing your engine to its limits at 86K rpms.

·
Still here
209,220 Posts
Yea you are right. Ill probably go tsx cp/e85 first and see how it feels.

I am going to have innovative motorworks tune my car when i get it back together.

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,298
Yea you are right. Ill probably go tsx cp/e85 first and see how it feels.

I am going to have innovative motorworks tune my car when i get it back together.
This would be my recommendation. I run this pulley setup on my k24. Going e85 I think is a wise choice prior to introducing nitrous. It may not be needed...

·
Past Driver’s Ed
537 Posts
Weather in the Chicago area is starting to warm up. Just need a few good rain showers to get rid of the road salt. Today I’m going to get the old RSX out of storage and start prepping it for another fun season. Although the tires still have a good amount of tread on them, they’re over six years old and probably should be replaced with a new set of ultra performance shoes.

·
Registered
125 Posts
How’s everyone doing? Been thinking about this thread lately lol. I’m stuck at home, working from home, but also just had a newborn so it’s hard to find time... despite being here all day.

1281 - 1300 of 1324 Posts