Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1341 - 1348 of 1348 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Acura Rsx type s
31 Posts
Exhaust pipe was what the muffler shop had. Not sure how fitment is with that RH. I have a K20 RH mounted to my K24 and it only touches a little bit on the front sway bar on cold starts with vibrations.
How much did the muffler shop charge? I'm just trying to figure out if I should get like a 2.5 yonaka exhaust or buy a resonator and muffler and have a shop weld it up price wise. I'm not too worried about noise it's not gonna be a daily but I don't want super loud

·
Always on TDY...
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,342
Can't remember honestly... Wasn't more than $200 for them to do it with labor and materials

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
This may or may not help you
Thank you very much. This helps out for sure.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
Checking in. First thing this morning at 8:00, I was outside doing a little surveying on my property. It was already 80 F and at 73% humidity. Started sweating like a pig. I don’t know how people handle this down in the south. Screw getting acclimated - no way. Sitting in my pool for the rest of the day.

·
Always on TDY...
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,345
Checking in. First thing this morning at 8:00, I was outside doing a little surveying on my property. It was already 80 F and at 73% humidity. Started sweating like a pig. I don’t know how people handle this down in the south. Screw getting acclimated - no way. Sitting in my pool for the rest of the day.
Lol, being in FL, I know exactly what you mean. It's definitely harder to be outside nowadays and I have to fight my kids to go outside.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
Just a little friendly competition between family members. Well my son who has a 2020 Veloster N with the performance package has a new mission - take down the old man’s Stage 2 GTI MK7. This week he ordered an intake, intercooler, larger turbo, and a spare ECU with tune (he already has an aftermarket downpipe). After I assist him installing all this hardware with my tools, he should outperform me on the top end. Now I can go down that rabbit hole and install on my MK7 a larger turbo and a new tune, but no I will accept the loss like a true gentleman. His success will have a short life because I will roll out the old RSX-S and remind him who is the king of the hill. No free ride in my family. I will post the outcome.

·
Always on TDY...
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,347
Just a little friendly competition between family members. Well my son who has a 2020 Veloster N with the performance package has a new mission - take down the old man’s Stage 2 GTI MK7. This week he ordered an intake, intercooler, larger turbo, and a spare ECU with tune (he already has an aftermarket downpipe). After I assist him installing all this hardware with my tools, he should outperform me on the top end. Now I can go down that rabbit hole and install on my MK7 a larger turbo and a new tune, but no I will accept the loss like a true gentleman. His success will have a short life because I will roll out the old RSX-S and remind him who is the king of the hill. No free ride in my family. I will post the outcome.
Niceness! Keep us posted Sir. I was a bit sad today seeing my RSX parked in the garage. Currently working on my TL as my daily. Ordered new rotors, ceramic pads, wipers, hood lift supports,new door actuator, and plan to do an oil change and trans drain & fill. RSX will sit until 2021 and then send it to my Indy shop to rebuild the motor.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
Well doing routine maintenance projects may not be the most exciting thing on your agenda, i would rather have the daily driver performing well and not be stranded on the side of the road. Hats off to you for doing the work yourself.

1341 - 1348 of 1348 Posts