Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1391 Posts

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,341 ·
Can't remember honestly... Wasn't more than $200 for them to do it with labor and materials

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
This may or may not help you
Thank you very much. This helps out for sure.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
604 Posts
Checking in. First thing this morning at 8:00, I was outside doing a little surveying on my property. It was already 80 F and at 73% humidity. Started sweating like a pig. I don’t know how people handle this down in the south. Screw getting acclimated - no way. Sitting in my pool for the rest of the day.

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,344 ·
Checking in. First thing this morning at 8:00, I was outside doing a little surveying on my property. It was already 80 F and at 73% humidity. Started sweating like a pig. I don’t know how people handle this down in the south. Screw getting acclimated - no way. Sitting in my pool for the rest of the day.
Lol, being in FL, I know exactly what you mean. It's definitely harder to be outside nowadays and I have to fight my kids to go outside.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
604 Posts
Just a little friendly competition between family members. Well my son who has a 2020 Veloster N with the performance package has a new mission - take down the old man’s Stage 2 GTI MK7. This week he ordered an intake, intercooler, larger turbo, and a spare ECU with tune (he already has an aftermarket downpipe). After I assist him installing all this hardware with my tools, he should outperform me on the top end. Now I can go down that rabbit hole and install on my MK7 a larger turbo and a new tune, but no I will accept the loss like a true gentleman. His success will have a short life because I will roll out the old RSX-S and remind him who is the king of the hill. No free ride in my family. I will post the outcome.

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,346 ·
Just a little friendly competition between family members. Well my son who has a 2020 Veloster N with the performance package has a new mission - take down the old man’s Stage 2 GTI MK7. This week he ordered an intake, intercooler, larger turbo, and a spare ECU with tune (he already has an aftermarket downpipe). After I assist him installing all this hardware with my tools, he should outperform me on the top end. Now I can go down that rabbit hole and install on my MK7 a larger turbo and a new tune, but no I will accept the loss like a true gentleman. His success will have a short life because I will roll out the old RSX-S and remind him who is the king of the hill. No free ride in my family. I will post the outcome.
Niceness! Keep us posted Sir. I was a bit sad today seeing my RSX parked in the garage. Currently working on my TL as my daily. Ordered new rotors, ceramic pads, wipers, hood lift supports,new door actuator, and plan to do an oil change and trans drain & fill. RSX will sit until 2021 and then send it to my Indy shop to rebuild the motor.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
604 Posts
Well doing routine maintenance projects may not be the most exciting thing on your agenda, i would rather have the daily driver performing well and not be stranded on the side of the road. Hats off to you for doing the work yourself.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
604 Posts
Still waiting for some my son's performance parts for his Veloster N to be shipped. Can’t wait to test out the larger turbo and new tune. In the mean time took a quick shot of our cars based on current horsepower output.

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,349 ·
Still waiting for some my son's performance parts for his Veloster N to be shipped. Can’t wait to test out the larger turbo and new tune. In the mean time took a quick shot of our cars based on current horsepower output.
Nice lineup there, Sir! Glad to see the RSX still holding on. Plan to restore mine next year.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
604 Posts
Quick update. This week I had to get the RSX emission tested. Passed with flying colors, but now I have to reassemble some of the engine modifications. Got all the Veloster N’s performance parts and tune installed and as I predicted it's a little faster than my APR Stage 2 MK7 GTI on the top end. So this weekend I will return the RSX to its preferred performance level and have a little fun with the Veloster N. Hope to get some videos to post.

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,351 ·
Definitely keep us posted, Sir!

·
Past Driver’s Ed
604 Posts
Well the jury is in on the outcome between the RSX and Veloster N. First of all, I’m not making excuses, but your goanna have to forgive me for my granny shifting (just an off day for me). Also, on that day both cars had trouble hooking up to the tarmac even at 30mph. Because of the different personalities between the force induction styles, 0 mph to 30 mph the RSX’s supercharged setup has a slight advantage. From 30 mph to 90 mph, overall both cars’ performances were pretty equal. Above 90 mph, you can see the RSX starts to gain just a tiny bit (second run was cut short). Rematch is scheduled for today.

Lessons Learned
1st: Spinning is not winning - replace the RSX’s seven year old tires to something stickier.
2nd: Not to shift like an old bitch.
3rd: The Veloster N with FBO’s and a stuff turbo is very respectable.

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,353 ·
Not bad at all. Glad to see the RSX still putting in work! Motivation to get mine running again :cool:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Finally got around to getting my ep3 w/jrsc up to speed with maintenance and mechanical things addressed. I still for the life of me cant find a 7 rib belt that will fit my car. For my current set up I need a 60 inch 7 rib belt. I have 2.8 pulley on the blower. I haven't really felt a belt slip even with the six rib belt I have and it holds 12 psi pretty solid the whole way to red line. Not sure what kind of power the car makes at the wheels, but my last dyno, I hit 275 on e85 with a 8psi pulley. I'm guessing it's over 300. With the stock exhaust this thing is pretty darn quiet! I love it! Know all you hear is the supercharger whine and motor. The car is pretty quick though and know I just want it to look as sleeper as possible. I love these k20a2 motors. They are so fun! :D cheers everyone!

·
Past Driver’s Ed
604 Posts
Finally got around to getting my ep3 w/jrsc up to speed with maintenance and mechanical things addressed. I still for the life of me cant find a 7 rib belt that will fit my car. For my current set up I need a 60 inch 7 rib belt. I have 2.8 pulley on the blower. I haven't really felt a belt slip even with the six rib belt I have and it holds 12 psi pretty solid the whole way to red line. Not sure what kind of power the car makes at the wheels, but my last dyno, I hit 275 on e85 with a 8psi pulley. I'm guessing it's over 300. With the stock exhaust this thing is pretty darn quiet! I love it! Know all you hear is the supercharger whine and motor. The car is pretty quick though and know I just want it to look as sleeper as possible. I love these k20a2 motors. They are so fun! :D cheers everyone! View attachment 566896 View attachment 566897 View attachment 566898
NICE! Very clean.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Finally got around to getting my ep3 w/jrsc up to speed with maintenance and mechanical things addressed. I still for the life of me cant find a 7 rib belt that will fit my car. For my current set up I need a 60 inch 7 rib belt. I have 2.8 pulley on the blower. I haven't really felt a belt slip even with the six rib belt I have and it holds 12 psi pretty solid the whole way to red line. Not sure what kind of power the car makes at the wheels, but my last dyno, I hit 275 on e85 with a 8psi pulley. I'm guessing it's over 300. With the stock exhaust this thing is pretty darn quiet! I love it! Know all you hear is the supercharger whine and motor. The car is pretty quick though and know I just want it to look as sleeper as possible. I love these k20a2 motors. They are so fun! :D cheers everyone!
Looks great! Always love an EP3

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Yesterday had some fun doing a rematch with the Veloster N. The VN is generating 21 psi of boost.

Dude that's nice. Love seeing the K20(boost) crew getting some wins on the new bloods in the streets. Pretty even race but it looks like you had a lead and started to pull away.

1341 - 1360 of 1391 Posts