Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1361 - 1380 of 1392 Posts

·
Always on TDY...
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,361 ·
Finally got around to getting my ep3 w/jrsc up to speed with maintenance and mechanical things addressed. I still for the life of me cant find a 7 rib belt that will fit my car. For my current set up I need a 60 inch 7 rib belt. I have 2.8 pulley on the blower. I haven't really felt a belt slip even with the six rib belt I have and it holds 12 psi pretty solid the whole way to red line. Not sure what kind of power the car makes at the wheels, but my last dyno, I hit 275 on e85 with a 8psi pulley. I'm guessing it's over 300. With the stock exhaust this thing is pretty darn quiet! I love it! Know all you hear is the supercharger whine and motor. The car is pretty quick though and know I just want it to look as sleeper as possible. I love these k20a2 motors. They are so fun! :D cheers everyone! View attachment 566896 View attachment 566897 View attachment 566898
Very nice and solid sleeper! Only recommendation would be a nice 2.5" catback exhaust and call it day. The exhaust would help it breathe.

·
Always on TDY...
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,362 ·
Yesterday had some fun doing a rematch with the Veloster N. The VN is generating 21 psi of boost.

Clean! Glad to see the S/C RSX not only hanging, but able to pull a bit on the VN :cool:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Very nice and solid sleeper! Only recommendation would be a nice 2.5" catback exhaust and call it day. The exhaust would help it breathe.
The car currently does have a 2.5 inch exhaust on it. The only thing I kept stock was just the exhaust. It should breath fine. I'll be doing a Dyno soon again to see what power to the wheels it's making on the new pulley. That should tell me if I made gains or not since the last time I dyno'd the car.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
613 Posts
Well next week they are forecasting some snow in my area and when the snow comes, the road salt will follow. Looks like today I have the task of stowing the RSX away for the rest of the year. Winter project is to refinish the wheels and then fit them with some new ultra performance tires in the late spring.

·
mex edition steve
5,140 Posts
well, this site is a ghost town

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Yeah it's been dead on the forums for a while with the rsx platform. Though to be fair, what else is their to know that hasn't already been done?

·
Always on TDY...
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,368 ·
The car currently does have a 2.5 inch exhaust on it. The only thing I kept stock was just the exhaust. It should breath fine. I'll be doing a Dyno soon again to see what power to the wheels it's making on the new pulley. That should tell me if I made gains or not since the last time I dyno'd the car.
I didn't realize the stock ep3 exhaust was 2.5". I thought it was 1.8" (equivalent to base RSX) or 2.1" (equivalent to the Type S OEM exhaust). I had stock type s exhaust for years and it was the bottle neck for my K20 SC setup. I was estimated to make 283, but made 263whp on the dyno at 9psi.

I switched to a 2.5" with my k24 SC setup. Power increased significantly with less boost (7-8psi).

I really need to get my RSX running again. I miss driving it.

·
Always on TDY...
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,369 ·
Well next week they are forecasting some snow in my area and when the snow comes, the road salt will follow. Looks like today I have the task of stowing the RSX away for the rest of the year. Winter project is to refinish the wheels and then fit them with some new ultra performance tires in the late spring.
Nice! Hoping 2021 looks better and I can get the RSX running again.

·
+ Displacement
604 Posts
Hi Everyone, Its been a while since I post. lots of work done on the car. Rear quater panel and wheel well rust fix. Engine fully built K20/K24 with cp carillo 10:1 piston, ARP head bolts, Manley H beam rods, Supertech valves and guides(sodium filled) Exhaust valves. Car is running real good and making 280HP on a hub dyno at 3500 feet above sea level at 8 psi boost.

The big built on the list now is a sidewinder Turbo for assisting the JRSC....hopefully to be completed in the spring or around May or June.

·
Always on TDY...
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,372 ·
Since most likely you're going to pull the engine, any plans to modify the short block? What about the flywheel or clutch?
I installed a new Exedy stage 1 clutch when I swapped in the k24a2 (don't even think I put 15k miles on it yet). I have a Competition 11 pound flywheel as well and had the transmission inspected.

The hope is the block is on intact (no major damage) and I can rebuild. Only thing I'll do is probably new water pump and verify A/C compressor (original w/ ~170k miles) is still good. All other accessories are fairly new (low miles).

Also plan to rebuild the blower with new ceramic bearings and the snout rebuild kit from rolling performance.

·
Always on TDY...
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,373 ·
Hi Everyone, Its been a while since I post. lots of work done on the car. Rear quater panel and wheel well rust fix. Engine fully built K20/K24 with cp carillo 10:1 piston, ARP head bolts, Manley H beam rods, Supertech valves and guides(sodium filled) Exhaust valves. Car is running real good and making 280HP on a hub dyno at 3500 feet above sea level at 8 psi boost.

The big built on the list now is a sidewinder Turbo for assisting the JRSC....hopefully to be completed in the spring or around May or June.
Awesome to see you still have the RSX! Adding turbo with the JRSC.... Wow! Definitely keep us posted and share pics on the progress, Sir!

·
+ Displacement
604 Posts
Here is current Setup. I picked up average 10hp and 10LB of torque before Vtec so the car is very responsive.
Scouring the Turbo forum to prepare the engine bay. Going with a GT3576 style Turbo and a sidewinder. Only issue
is boost creep. Hopefully, 44mm Tial wastegate will get the job done. Going to push 1 Bar/15psi. Have the turbo assist the M62 after 4500 to 7000+
I have been dreaming of doing this for 10 years since Scofer did it with a Lotus now that the Engine is fully built.

·
Always on TDY...
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,375 ·
Here is current Setup. I picked up average 10hp and 10LB of torque before Vtec so the car is very responsive.
Scouring the Turbo forum to prepare the engine bay. Going with a GT3576 style Turbo and a sidewinder. Only issue
is boost creep. Hopefully, 44mm Tial wastegate will get the job done. Going to push 1 Bar/15psi. Have the turbo assist the M62 after 4500 to 7000+
I have been dreaming of doing this for 10 years since Scofer did it with a Lotus now that the Engine is fully built.

Looks very clean! Looking forward to your progress, Sir.

·
mex edition steve
5,140 Posts
Yeah it's been dead on the forums for a while with the rsx platform. Though to be fair, what else is their to know that hasn't already been done?
This is true, however its good to see some people who've owned their rsx for YEARS and still active.

I've owned my rsx since 2007 and just barely doing supercharger. ( I did turbo back in 2015, baby Greddy kit)

·
mex edition steve
5,140 Posts
I installed a new Exedy stage 1 clutch when I swapped in the k24a2 (don't even think I put 15k miles on it yet). I have a Competition 11 pound flywheel as well and had the transmission inspected.

The hope is the block is on intact (no major damage) and I can rebuild. Only thing I'll do is probably new water pump and verify A/C compressor (original w/ ~170k miles) is still good. All other accessories are fairly new (low miles).

Also plan to rebuild the blower with new ceramic bearings and the snout rebuild kit from rolling performance.
how do you like your exedy stage 1? I went with the same clutch recommended on the supercharged page on facebook. I really didn't want to go with a puck style clutch.

·
Always on TDY...
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,378 ·
how do you like your exedy stage 1? I went with the same clutch recommended on the supercharged page on facebook. I really didn't want to go with a puck style clutch.
Solid clutch and paired with the 11lb flywheel, I have no complaints. No chatter noise and engagement is very close to stock. Holds the power just fine.

·
mex edition steve
5,140 Posts
Solid clutch and paired with the 11lb flywheel, I have no complaints. No chatter noise and engagement is very close to stock. Holds the power just fine.
thats good to hear, I'm just waiting on my friend to give me my harness back, bolt up a 64in belt and my car should be ready to start up.

1361 - 1380 of 1392 Posts