Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1381 - 1391 of 1391 Posts

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,381 ·
Any of you guys selling complete CT or JRSC supercharger setups and willing to ship to Canada?
Unfortunately no, but check out www dot mercracing dot net for twin-screw setups. That's the route I'd go if I didn't have a JRSC already.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
607 Posts
Any updates? My RSX is stowed away for the winter. Pretty soon I’ll refinish the wheels and mount new performance rubber on them. Lately I’ve been spending my dollars on my dailey MK7 GTI sleeper to make it even more competitive on the street. I want to increase the gap when I play against the new american muscle cars with V8s.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Some locally is selling a complete comptech SC setup off an rsx type S for 3900 cad. The car is totalled from the rear and looks like it's been sitting a while. The seller just bought it off auction to part it out. You guys think it's worth getting? Personally I think it's overpriced.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
607 Posts
Some locally is selling a complete comptech SC setup off an rsx type S for 3900 cad. The car is totalled from the rear and looks like it's been sitting a while. The seller just bought it off auction to part it out. You guys think it's worth getting? Personally I think it's overpriced.
Seems high. I bought mine new for $3,429 about six years ago.

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,385 ·
Is this a complete kit with and aftercooler setup, upgraded inlet, autotensioner system, and multiple blower pullies? If so, it may be worth it...

Is it's just the standard CTSC kit then, I'd say it is overpriced. Used runs between $2k (what I paid for mine) to $3K. That was basic JRSC kit with the 5, 7, and 9psi BP, no aftercooler, and no autotensior system. If it has upgraded mercracing inlet and some other goodies, mentioned above, let us know and we can let you know if it's worth it.

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,386 ·
Any updates? My RSX is stowed away for the winter. Pretty soon I’ll refinish the wheels and mount new performance rubber on them. Lately I’ve been spending my dollars on my dailey MK7 GTI sleeper to make it even more competitive on the street. I want to increase the gap when I play against the new american muscle cars with V8s.
Glad to read! Nothing new here. Mine is sitting in the garage collecting dust. In process of building a pool at my house so the RSX has been put as a low priority for now.

Maintaining the Mrs Acura MDX and my Acura TL at the moment. I purchased NAVTOOL for the MDX and it's been very limited success. Reached out to her then know I'm going to request a refund as it's ridiculous to pay $500+ for android auto and it doesn't work in the vehicle.

The TL, I replaced the power steering pump last weekend. Plan to service the tranny sometime next month.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
607 Posts
Glad to read! Nothing new here. Mine is sitting in the garage collecting dust. In process of building a pool at my house so the RSX has been put as a low priority for now.

Maintaining the Mrs Acura MDX and my Acura TL at the moment. I purchased NAVTOOL for the MDX and it's been very limited success. Reached out to her then know I'm going to request a refund as it's ridiculous to pay $500+ for android auto and it doesn't work in the vehicle.

The TL, I replaced the power steering pump last weekend. Plan to service the tranny sometime next month.
Sad about the NAVTOOL. Yeah I need to service my GTI DSG tranny as well. It's a little bit of a pain because you have to monitor the transmission temperature with a VCDS to make sure you have the exact amount of fluid at a given temperature. Those DSGs are a great transmission but they are picky on how much you fill them. Nice thing about having a VCDS is you can modify long code yourself.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
607 Posts
Not that it's any quicker or more manly than my GTI with it’s lazy man's DSG transmission, but I’m starting to miss driving the old RSX with its 6 speed. Can’t wait till all the road salt is gone and get her back on the road.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
607 Posts
Well April is here and it's time to get my RSX ready for another driving season. As always, after being stored for six months the old RSX started right up with the first turn of the key even when using E85 fuel. Now I've been feeding my RSX on a diet of E85 for over six years without issues. Zero problems with water in the fuel, or the fuel attacking any of the materials used in the fuel system (note fuel pump, lines, filter, and injectors have been changed out to aftermarket components). The only prep-work I do before storing the RSX is to add a recommended amount of fuel stabilizer for E85 to the tank, and make sure the tank is full. The performance gain by using E85 is worth it. Only drawback: it's harder for the engine to start when temperatures drop below 45 F.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
607 Posts
Well the performance of my old RSX is starting off the new driving season well. Let's just say there is a driver of a nice shiny black Camaro with her pride hurt.

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,391 ·
Been a while... got a new phone, pool build is starting, got NAVTOOL working in the MDX, fixing issues with the TL, house, and the RSX is still a garage queen looking pitiful.

It probably another 12 months before I can get it in the shop unfortunately.

1381 - 1391 of 1391 Posts