Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Would probably use car for daily driving, bike on occasions.
- I'd really like more power under the hood, but the bike could fulfill my need for speed.
- I'd be going with a 600cc, no riding experience. I know most say it's a bad idea, but everyone has different opinions.

However, shouldn't I take the motorcycle safety course to see if I like being on 2 wheels, etc?

Let me know your thoughts!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Take the MSF course. Buy a used 500cc bike. Keep it for a year and then trade up. Bikes unlike cars hold thier value very well as long as you don't beat the hell out of them. Some of my friends traded thier bikes in for very close to what they originally paid for them. Good luck and ... Take the MSF course :p

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
the motorcycle will get u laid much faster than the supercharger will....lol

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
Take the MSF course. Buy a used 500cc bike. Keep it for a year and then trade up. Bikes unlike cars hold thier value very well as long as you don't beat the hell out of them. Some of my friends traded thier bikes in for very close to what they originally paid for them. Good luck and ... Take the MSF course :p
Seconded.

Take the MSF course first of all.

Check into insurance.

Allocate about 1000 for gear as well. Motorcycling isn't cheap.

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
motorcycling is a hobby like fixing up your car.. gettin a supersport + gear will probably cost a lot more then a supercharger if that matters to you

·
9,233 Posts
i had a similiar option

new turbo kit vs 600cc motorcycle

so i went through the process of MSF, finding a bike, license+insurance, gear, and the title transferring and all that.

in conclusion, bike >> supercharger

·
2,100 Posts
i have both LOL... bought the supercharger first then a year later bought a bike. I'm selling my sc also right now. I also went with a 600.... gixer 03. The learning curb is very high with these 600 bikes. They are no joke!

·
'89 'til INFINITY
3,510 Posts
i got a mac and a bike, pussy is piling out the door!
macbiketeg crew here.

but in a way, it's like comparing apples and oranges. :dontknow:

we don't buy cars for the same reasons we buy bikes.
well i use my bike and car for the same reasons but i see what you're saying.

·
Registered
125 Posts
bike ftw. gas prices were killing me on the car thats why i bought the bike. its up to you. riding is fun but you have to ride smart.

·
Banned
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wooow a need for speed? stay off of motorcycles please
did I say that's why I was buying it? No.

What I'm really looking forward to is the whole riding aspect. Everyone keeps telling me to go with the supercharger, but that's just going to kill the life of the car. I kinda want the car to last.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts