Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

861 - 862 of 862 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
too much good information here. looking to to install a jrsc on my 02 type s. mods ive done are toda exhaust manifold, brian crower full valve train with stage 1 cams. k pro ecu, electric water pump, 650cc injectors, walboro 255 fuel pump adjustable regulator and that fancy k tuned fuel rail. left the bottom end alone at this time because I'm at 170-175 compression across all cylinders. think a guy could run 10 psi reliably? by reliably I simply mean trying to get 100k between rebuilds minus the catosrophic failure that can seem to be inevitable due to a bad quality part or defect. Also would 300hp be achieveable on bottom end if so how many miles are u guys getting between rebuilds?

·
Past Driver’s Ed
506 Posts
too much good information here. looking to to install a jrsc on my 02 type s. mods ive done are toda exhaust manifold, brian crower full valve train with stage 1 cams. k pro ecu, electric water pump, 650cc injectors, walboro 255 fuel pump adjustable regulator and that fancy k tuned fuel rail. left the bottom end alone at this time because I'm at 170-175 compression across all cylinders. think a guy could run 10 psi reliably? by reliably I simply mean trying to get 100k between rebuilds minus the catosrophic failure that can seem to be inevitable due to a bad quality part or defect. Also would 300hp be achieveable on bottom end if so how many miles are u guys getting between rebuilds?
You shouldn’t have any issues with the stock short block. On my 02 RSX-S, I’m running with a CT Engineering supercharger with a VitViper aftercooler pushing 10.7 psi (both units are still available new). Most important thing you need to maintain engine reliability is a good custom tune. Yes, making 300 whp is doable. As for miles, I'm still running on the factory engine with 185,000+ miles and it’s still running strong.

861 - 862 of 862 Posts