Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it appears most of the rumors point to these two companies eventually coming out with a sc for the rsx, does anyone have any guesses as to what kind they will use?

I'd assume Jackson Racing will use that Roots/Eaton supercharger that they use on other cars. If comptech uses a screw type like they devised for the NSX, that will be my choice. Forget vortech with their centrifigal sh*t... they're not much use on the street or in racing, unless you're strictly into drag. Correct me if I'm wrong but the powerband is waaaay up at the top on these, like exponentially.

Also, I hope they will find a way to fit an inter/after? cooler on, as this should give some pretty good hp improvments on sc's, not just turbos. Might be wishful thinking with the space they have to work with though. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
comptech will probably be centrifugal....screw type chargers have a lower percentage of effiency than any other charger

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would rather have a little less efficiency and more available boost at a lower rpm range. Personally, I think a centrifigal on an RSX would be useless for anything other than drag.

I want something to give me more low end torque and that would be good for auotx, etc.. (not NOS though). Turbo is too involved for me to install, so I think a postive displacement supercharger is the way to go.

I guess, that leaves me with Jackson Racing and their Eaton/Roots. Has anyone heard anything about their quality/reliability for aftermarket bolt ons?

I think I'm getting ahead of myself since this won't even me an issue for another year or so! :spin:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Some aftermarket boltons work well with a JRSC and some don't. Basically you'll need aftermarket bolt ons to get the most out of a JRSC. With the K20 being a brand new engine i guess it's going to take more than ayear to actually figured out which ones will work best on the RSX

·
Registered
341 Posts
The Vortec and Comptech do basically the same thing-they both give more boost with higher RPM. They both suck. Eaton roots are the best IMO for DOHC VTEC's. The centifugal types are best for poor high-rpm brething cars like domestics.
Just look at numbers for the comptech S2000--sure it gets 340hp, but it only takes a few tenths of 0-60 and 1/4 times. Plus it makes peaky engines aven more peaky. They don't need more high-rpm torque(their strong suite) they need low-end torque(their weak point).

G

·
Brett you located in La Jolla? If so, Im right next to you in University City. I've seen a couple blue RSX's in LJ, maybe it was you.... ?

·
^^^given slave name
18,454 Posts
With the S2000 it's a traction problem, not a hp one. Now if you look at the gains Vortech does make the best SCs, hands down. Jackson takes so much tuning and add on parts to make it effective. Look at a Civic Si w/ a JRSC on it, it only gains like 40 hp, with Vortech its more like 115 hp gain on an otherwise stock motor. That is a big difference.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Water injection is very effective in lowering the temperature, I'm not sure if they have turbo-like intercoolers for superchargers.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
water injection basically makes it so you can take your timing back to stock on the JRSC....ohh yeah vortech "says" that is a almost stock car....what they don't tell you is that it is runnin 10psi with bigger injectors fuel pump and rail....with 8psi and water injection with boltons youwill be well over 200whp in a b16a with jackson racing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts