Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to forums in general, I have searched to the best of my ability first as to not ask an already answered question. however hello everyone and my question is this:

my plan is to eventually supercharge my car (02 rsx type s), preferably JRSC if I can get my hands on one or maybe a merc racing sc,. I know that the type s pan is aluminum (mine has a small crack and needs to be replaced anyways). can I use the k tuned steel pan and get a flywheel cover or should I get a used alum factory pan, don't really want to get the moroso pan because I don't want to cut into my subframe.

If there are any other comparable bolt on pans that you guys recommend I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

·
Always on TDY...
2,169 Posts
I assuming you mean the oil pan? If so, that has nothing to do with the supercharger, so get whichever pan you prefer.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I would get the aluminum pan because it has better cooling properties over steel but the steel pan will be cheaper and easier to get. A pan is a pan is a pan... up to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I posted on the supercharging form because I intended to sc later down the road and I heard the aluminum pan offers more support to the block. I was just asking to play it safe (I didn't know if I needed the extra support because of the sc)

Thank you for your replies guys and I went ahead and bought a used aluminum pan.

If I have any questions regarding suspension, regarding lowering/handling improvement or suspension geometry. is there a preferred section to post in?

Once again. thank you guys very much

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Sorry I posted on the supercharging form because I intended to sc later down the road and I heard the aluminum pan offers more support to the block. I was just asking to play it safe (I didn't know if I needed the extra support because of the sc)

Thank you for your replies guys and I went ahead and bought a used aluminum pan.

If I have any questions regarding suspension, regarding lowering/handling improvement or suspension geometry. is there a preferred section to post in?

Once again. thank you guys very much
There's a full sub forum labeled "Suspension" :) lol
Welcome to the site.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348

·
Past Driver’s Ed
537 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm new to forums in general, I have searched to the best of my ability first as to not ask an already answered question. however hello everyone and my question is this:

my plan is to eventually supercharge my car (02 rsx type s), preferably JRSC if I can get my hands on one or maybe a merc racing sc,. I know that the type s pan is aluminum (mine has a small crack and needs to be replaced anyways). can I use the k tuned steel pan and get a flywheel cover or should I get a used alum factory pan, don't really want to get the moroso pan because I don't want to cut into my subframe.

If there are any other comparable bolt on pans that you guys recommend I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.
Just checking in. I’m curious why you prefer the JRSC unit. MercRacing and CT Engineering units are still available new from the OEM if you have deep enough pockets. My engine build is just about maxed out. I have an aftercooled CTE SC with a 2.9” diameter SC pulley burning E85. My RSX is pretty quick and reliable but I would have to spend big $$$ to push it to the next performance level. My 2017 two liter turbocharged VW GTI MK7 with just $1,500 worth of improvements (downpipe & tune) can now keep up the RSX with no issue. I love my RSX and will never sell it, but it took a lot of effort & time customizing it to be the driver’s car it is today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts