Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have an 05 type s. bummer, but i want to supercharge the car. right now the only thing i have modified is the suspension so ive kinda got a blank slate to work with. After some searching and research heres the list ive come up with for parts ill need.

- Motor Mount Inserts
- Hondata KPRO - 02-04 with an O2 Sensor for 02-04
- Comptech or JRSC (whichever is more highly recommended for the 05-06
- Intake with hondata manifold gasket.
- Race Headers????

My question is, am i leaving anything out of this list and also is the 05 Type S stock exhaust capable of handling a supercharger? and also do i need race headers? my goal here is about 230hp to the wheels

·
above status quo
2,399 Posts
you will be bored quick of a 2500$+ investment to provide 230hp to the wheels...

also as mentioned above you need to do some major reading, all the forums including kpro one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have gone through them. this was me clarifying that my shopping list was right. with the kpro i have the ability to for more horsepower but without a LSD all ill get is wheel spin. this is just a basic list but my main question was about the 05 type s stock exhaust. from what ive found searching im under the impression that its fine to use the stock exhaust. i know the exhaust wont be the greatest but 700-1000$ for non noticable boost in power doesnt seem justifyable to me.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
its really how you want ur car to sound and look dude .. . depending on the supercharger kit you want i would recommend jus working with the kpro, suspension, n race header wouldn't be too bad of an investment if you want some extra power, as going with ur stock exhaust u may want to consider getting a bigger exhaust maybe 60mm or 65mm, but i duno i'm rocking out with the hks hipower n that shit sounds insane. . . good luck with ur decision bro some advice jus search some other threads and maybe someone in the same boat will have already posted something like this and has all the answers from other crsx members

pz

·
K24 > K20
4,605 Posts
230whp will get boring quick after such a large cash investment. Plan for 9 psi, dont worry about the lsd right away that can come in time. Yes get a race header (DCRH has treated many people well), yes read the stickies (again 10x), start learning kpro NOW. Dont buy ANYTHING until you understand EVERYTHING.

Stick around this forum, ask questions in the chat, come up to speed. You'll learn a tremendous amount and avoid many small headaches.

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts
So i have an 05 type s. bummer, but i want to supercharge the car. right now the only thing i have modified is the suspension so ive kinda got a blank slate to work with. After some searching and research heres the list ive come up with for parts ill need.

- Motor Mount Inserts
- Hondata KPRO - 02-04 with an O2 Sensor for 02-04
- Comptech or JRSC (whichever is more highly recommended for the 05-06
- Intake with hondata manifold gasket.
- Race Headers????

My question is, am i leaving anything out of this list and also is the 05 Type S stock exhaust capable of handling a supercharger? and also do i need race headers? my goal here is about 230hp to the wheels
230whp will get boring quick after such a large cash investment. Plan for 9 psi, dont worry about the lsd right away that can come in time. Yes get a race header (DCRH has treated many people well), yes read the stickies (again 10x), start learning kpro NOW. Dont buy ANYTHING until you understand EVERYTHING.

Stick around this forum, ask questions in the chat, come up to speed. You'll learn a tremendous amount and avoid many small headaches.
i agree with this ^
i suggest getting k-pro before the supercharger, and getting the feel for it, and there are plenty of us in the supercharged chat willing to help. i suggest hanging around the chat since we constantly talk about this stuff, so you can pick some things up without even having to ask.

the lsd, as far as straight line performance it's not gonna make much of a difference unless one tire is on a more slick spot than the other considering the drivetrain. so i'd put that down a few pegs on the priority list, unless you're into tracks (with turns) or autocrossing or something.

as a few people have mentioned 5psi tends to disappoint most people who go to it. i suggest at least 7psi, and i'm also a conservative person so i say if you don't plan on upgrading your clutch soon i'd suggest not going past 7psi until then. there have been several people run 9psi for a good while without the stock clutch slipping, but it's still a gamble seeing as some people have had their clutch start slipping within a few months of going to 9psi.

as far as exhaust, the stock 05-06 exhaust is fine, but with any form of boost the difference with a more freeflowing exhaust there tends to be a significantly better difference compared to an n/a setup.

as mentioned, a dc race header is great bang for your buck. regardless of what you get removing the stock cat should be a top priority. shorty headers with test pipes aren't a no-no like with n/a... as long as it's a decent sized shorty header with decent diameter piping and a decent sized collector. if you're interested in this route you should look at threads made by razathorn, he has many, and you can good a lot of good info in them.

if you have the extra couple hundred you should opt for motor mounts rather than the inserts, but the inserts are still fine until you can get mounts.

if you're buying new you may as well go with jackson over comptech to save several hundred dollars seeing as there's no performance difference. if you go used get whichever you can get a better deal on.

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
As stated...GET K-PRO FIRST! This is your bread a butter. Learn this and you will learn your car. THEN begin to move towards larger and better things.

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
If you get Jackson, you should also get the Jackson header. They designed their header to work with their SC. Also think about getting the auto-tensioner. It will help you from snapping belts or having belts come off. One more thing to consider is that since you will be moving faster it's a good idea to be able to STOP faster. Brakes would be important, too.

If you only want 230 whp, just stay N/A. You could get it from bolt-ons and kpro.

·
gimme a ***ana !!!
3,796 Posts
i suggest you feel what motor mount inserts feel like(esmm) vs. full motor mounts (innovative MM) after jumping into an 05 with inserts i felt like it was too much vibrations...especially with the a/c on! otherwise its hard to see why theres a huge difference in price!

goodluck! ive been a lurker on the supercharger forums for a long time and im always learning something new which ultimately alters my modding decisions

·
above status quo
2,399 Posts
i agree with this ^
i suggest getting k-pro before the supercharger, and getting the feel for it, and there are plenty of us in the supercharged chat willing to help. i suggest hanging around the chat since we constantly talk about this stuff, so you can pick some things up without even having to ask.

the lsd, as far as straight line performance it's not gonna make much of a difference unless one tire is on a more slick spot than the other considering the drivetrain. so i'd put that down a few pegs on the priority list, unless you're into tracks (with turns) or autocrossing or something.

as a few people have mentioned 5psi tends to disappoint most people who go to it. i suggest at least 7psi, and i'm also a conservative person so i say if you don't plan on upgrading your clutch soon i'd suggest not going past 7psi until then. there have been several people run 9psi for a good while without the stock clutch slipping, but it's still a gamble seeing as some people have had their clutch start slipping within a few months of going to 9psi.

as far as exhaust, the stock 05-06 exhaust is fine, but with any form of boost the difference with a more freeflowing exhaust there tends to be a significantly better difference compared to an n/a setup.

as mentioned, a dc race header is great bang for your buck. regardless of what you get removing the stock cat should be a top priority. shorty headers with test pipes aren't a no-no like with n/a... as long as it's a decent sized shorty header with decent diameter piping and a decent sized collector. if you're interested in this route you should look at threads made by razathorn, he has many, and you can good a lot of good info in them.

if you have the extra couple hundred you should opt for motor mounts rather than the inserts, but the inserts are still fine until you can get mounts.

if you're buying new you may as well go with jackson over comptech to save several hundred dollars seeing as there's no performance difference. if you go used get whichever you can get a better deal on.
Mine is starting to slip now, very minor however it's going to get nothing but worse, I am at 9psi.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts