Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
JD Auto Detailing
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok well I finally got the time to finish my car since ive been busy with school. To start it off...ive put about a 1000 miles on the car with the tune going WOT everywhere i go to push the limits and its been treating me great. LOVE IT!

Base Auto Kpro: I have the harness from Joel and I have not had any problems with it what so ever. This is a piggyback system for us Autos. For me it was a Plug and Play...Only thing i have not done was rewired it to where i can datalog my A/F through kpro

The Build
- Complete Greddy Turbo kit and Intercooler kit (Thanks Turbosupra94!)
==> this consists with the greddy log turbo manifold and everything....
- RC 550cc injectors
- 255 Walbro Fuel pump
- RBC Intake manifold w/ Type-s throttle body
- Turbo XS blow off valve
- Hondata 4 bar map sensor
- 2.5" test pipe
- Greddy evo TT exhaust (2.75")
- AEM wideband UEGO gauge
- Greddy profec B-spec II boost controller
- Mobil 1 full synthetic

The Numbers and tuning
- Well i loaded up the base map from Hondata for the greddy turbo kit and the car started up and ran normally...i must say though its not the greatest tune to run on for too long. just enough to get around. Even then i felt the car pulled pretty nicely at like 7 lbs.

- Then i went to the tuner and finally got it dyno tuned. He maxed out my injectors to 94% duty cycle because i asked him to push it there to reach a reasonable goal. My goal going into this was around 260 HP...I was not able to reach it but I got 240 HP @ 13 PSI on a dynojet which he was saying was old and tends to read low and break ppls heart lol. I dont what torque cuz his rpm thing was broken but ill be going back to get retuned soon.

Transmission
- My transmission is completely stock but i do have plans on building it up a little bit so it can handle the extra torque a little better and not slip during shifting. When i run it really hard to the redline, i have to let of the throttle a little bit and then shift so that way it doesnt slip so bad. But its not that big of an issue and I notice it gets really unhappy with me when i did like about 8-10 really hard runs again a type-s (full bolt ons/kpro). The tranny pretty much got really hot and started slipping hard so i just took it easy for the rest of the night and it was fine after it cooled down. TRANSMISSION COOLER is highly recommended as well with a HIGH STALL torque converter which i am currently about to order. But other than those issues i pointed out...the tranny holds up fine

Bottome line/Personal thoughts
- Looking back at how much work it took....I am glad I went through with this build. The greddy turbo spools up slightly slow for my taste...but i want to upgrade to a garrett turbo soon around the same size...not bigger lol. It was not that much work to install the turbo kit and oil pan and etc since i had the time and patience for it. I purchased the kit used from Turbosupra94 and it was in decent condition so i pretty much just slapped it on and had no problems (*knock on wood*) I was very fortunate and lucky. AGAIN thanks a lot Turbosupra94. The power it makes from a greddy bolt on turbo kit...i was impressed with my numbers and the way it runs. I AM VERY HAPPY with everything minus the tranny slipping at really hard runs but the tranny cooler should fix that. I will be able to hit my goal soon once i upgrade the downpipe to 3"(pm me if you have one for sale) and test pipe...and upgrade the injectors to 650cc or 750cc. But again if you have the money and patience for this and your stuck with the AUTO rsx...go for it. My motor is completely stock with the greddy turbo kit. So i will chime in to let yall know if anything happens down the road. Oh the car has 72,000 miles on it when i put the kit on.

Total Price
- I did most of the install with the help of some of my friends which know who they are....so labor was all free pretty much. Turbo kit I got around 1500 shipped with everything to install...Kpro around 1600...Tune 500. Around 300 for Misc. parts

Kpro + turbo kit + tune + misc parts = about $4000 (wow i did not realize i spent that much lol) but this was being patient and waiting for my opportunities

Criticism for being an AUTO
- i know a lot of you type-s ppl or 5 speed ppl are saying why didnt you just go with a manual swap. BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO. the car was a gift to me so i was stuck with an auto and im grateful i was so fortunate to get a new car. If i wanted a manual or a faster vehicle...ill just go and buy a new car but i am choosing not to. I am a college student right now...full time. So i do not care for comments about "oh your still an auto". I did this because i wanted to keep an auto and make a little more power. This was the way i wanted to do that.

ON TO THE PICTURES!!!!...

I love the way the intercooler looks in my bumper lol

Cluster fck* of wires...i have yet to tuck it up and make it cleaner

thought id share a pic of my kpro chillin until i can figure out what to do with it

my simple interior set up

Comments are welcomed...Feel free to ask any questions to I will be checking in regularly. Clubrsx is what i do 24/7.

Thanks to djcarbine to helping me out too and giving me motivation. and joe (03-dsmrsx) freaking auto turbo master!

·
Master
740 Posts
lookin good man, cant' wait to see what numbers you put down with the downpipe

·
Noobie
50 Posts
Awesome build!! Im a bit envious to be honest. Im thinking of doing the same once ive learned enough about turbos and stuff related to it. Way to show base auto haters out there. Again awesome build!!

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
Sick dude.

Figured Joe would be involved in helping you out as soon as I saw you were from Houston.

I'd beef up the transmission ASAP and get the high stall tc like you mentioned. Glad people are still modding their autos :thumbsup:

(I gave up and bought a new car though :D)

·
JD Auto Detailing
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been running nothing but rotella T 15w40/5w40 depending on winter... no problems at all, doesn't burn a drop of oil
damn a 40 weight?...yea i was gonna do that or Vavoline VR1 10w-30....ive been reading about zinc content in oil and i must say i want to make the change. after 2 oil changes within 800 miles of mobil 1 full synthetic the oil is already turning a different color... =/.

·
Registered
353 Posts
wow this is awesome im gonna post some pics once i haev just enough to get the kpro and harness from joel, the turbo im not as concerned about ive seen complete kits around 1k on ebay but i really want a solid kit like a greddy that you got used or new. guess pretty soon i will do it im a LOT more confident now especially with more and more people doing it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
im glad you live in houston not too far from DFW where im at... but yeah would love to see that thing in action. was it weird having a turbo in it after driving stock for so long....im just imagining it and issues like slipping being kinda interesting after having low power

·
doin the cat daddy
32,833 Posts
Oh and i have a question on yalls thoughts on Rotella or Vavolin VR1 oil...since i know it contains zinc and is better for our motors...would yall suggest that for me to switch to?...im using mobil 1 5w-30 right now. please comment
i recently changed from royal purple to rotella t6 (5-40 i believe). but this is for my car.

my car would burn through mobile and royal purple like it's water. right now, the t6 is lasting longer and still looks good.

·
Master
740 Posts
1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.