Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying I installed a brand new set of BC Racing BR coilovers (10kg front, 12kg rear). I already have rear adjustable upper control arms installed from my previous Skunk2 Pro-C setup. I made sure to double check the preload already set by BC Racing. Height adjustments are equal for both real coilovers.

My problem is when I lower the car the right rear corner ends up tucking the tire while the left rear looks good with the 1/2" gap or so. When I go under the car I can clearly see the spring compressed almost double that of the left rear. I have the fronts already installed and their heights are good to go as well.

Initially I thought it was an issue with the shock or spring on the right rear and BC Racing sent out a replacement Swift Spring after I sent them a vid testing the shock by itself.

I got the replacement spring today, installed it and I get the same result. I then swap the entire left rear coilover over to the right and vice versa, SAME RESULT on the right rear corner, it sags while the left is good.

I spent about an hour under the car looking to see if somehow I have suspension or frame damage and I cannot find anything out of the ordinary. My adjustable rear upper camber arms look like the bushings are going to need replacing sometime as they don't sit evenly in the housing. But my control arms, subframe, subframe brace, swaybar, knuckle, and anything else looks good. I took a ruler to compare measurements and I used the thin edge of a ruler to make sure my control arms and subframe weren't bent horizontally or vertically. To make matters worse my loosened preload skunk2 coilovers didn't sag like this, but they do have a much taller spring. The bc racing use a 5" rear spring while the skunks look an inch or so taller with more coils in the spring.

I'm clear out of ideas. I was thinking even if the garage floor was uneven it shouldn't cause that much sag in the corner. Even if I try to match on ground ride height I'm extending the bottom shock mount of the right rear to where there's barely any threads left in the housing, basically unsafe for driving. I never had this issue before with skunk2s on my civic or rsx. I swapped to bc for the rsx because my front right skunk2 coilover went bad and they no longer offer the pro-c's (adjustable upper camber plate) or any type of solution so I'm done buying skunk2.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine does the same. On the right rear. I just installed mine in January. I had it aligned and everything came out perfect, but I did notice that ONLY the right rear looks like it is cambered inwards. I've been monitoring and haven't seen any uneven wear on the tire......so I can't say for sure what the issue is. I also have camber arms installed in the back....but like I said, it aligned just fine when I took it to the shop. I'll probably be taking it back to see if it fell out of alignment or something.....I doubt it though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Id look to the worn bushings first
Thanks. I ordered some k-tuned rear camber arms yesterday. I haven't fully inspected the rear end yet, but I don't care for the rusted, beat up bushing look of the ingalls that I have. Sure the bushings can't be judged just by looking, but the ingalls bushings did look deformed. And doing google searchs on ingalls and rush or bushing failures seems more common than I'd like to see considering I put these on 4 years 80,000 miles ago.

·
CBR929RR
251 Posts
Have you had any body work /fender replaced on the right? I know when they replaced my right fender it tucks now and on the left its about a 1/4 clear.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you had any body work /fender replaced on the right? I know when they replaced my right fender it tucks now and on the left its about a 1/4 clear.
No, everything is original. But the initial issue is with the right rear corner, the quarter panel, not the fender.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts