Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would handle better tein S-techs with Konis or megan street coilovers? Which has a better ride?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
depends if it is in 1080i
I just wanted you to see the point that your question cannot be answered because it is subjective without numbers, which most of us are unlikely to have. Additionally, most of us haven't tried both of those combos. You just have to buy what you think is best for you.

·
广州本田
250 Posts
Which would handle better tein S-techs with Konis or megan street coilovers? Which has a better ride?
Just randomly piecing a coilover together is not much different then the prebuilt coilovers, so your choice. Also with our suspension, anything lower then say.. an inch, will crap out our roll centers.

OO and the s tech will ride softer and the megans will be a little bit more harsh.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
konis

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
if your looking for handling get konies with custom spring rates for what your looking to do with your car!

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
Would I have a better picture with a 30 inch Sony plasma or a 40 inch Panasonic plasma?
BTW, I have a 42 inch LCD and I love it.......

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Better tires and alignment + better driver will handle better.

I was reminded of how shitty of a driver I am after a US national champion (previously a local guy) came to event yesterday and both of us drove 1 run each during fun runs in my friend's car.

He schooled me by 2 second margin.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't know...this one seems pretty easy to me. Megans are crap and have crap for shock valving, while Koni is one of the best shocks in the world.

I don't care what your springrate is...none of that matters if you have an inferior shock.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
I don't know...this one seems pretty easy to me. Megans are crap and have crap for shock valving, while Koni is one of the best shocks in the world.

I don't care what your springrate is...none of that matters if you have an inferior shock.
wow... +rep

One of the best posts I've ever seen from a new memeber.

I think I can turn this guy into an angry CRSX suspension guru. No mercy for noobs.

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
depends if it is in 1080i
1080i is obsolete. 1080P is what you want. (interlaced Vs Progressive)

However, as someone in the motion graphics industry... unless you are projecting on to a 22' screen (Thats 22 foot), or make a habit of sitting a foot away from your 72" TV, 1080p or 1080i for that matter is pretty much wasted resolution. For all intensive purposes you don't need any thing finer then 720p when it comes to TV's.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts

However, as someone in the motion graphics industry... unless you are projecting on to a 22' screen (Thats 22 foot), or make a habit of sitting a foot away from your 72" TV, 1080p or 1080i for that matter is pretty much wasted resolution. For all intensive purposes you don't need any thing finer then 720p when it comes to TV's.
:rotfl::rotfl: thanks spencer

·
Swift and Spurious
1,722 Posts

I'd always heard that 720p was enough for sets 42-ish inches and smaller. Now that number is 22 feet? What was I thinking when I bought my TV? :(

Oh, I'd agree with the comments about getting Konis because the damper is better except that the Tein S-Techs are way too low and soft in the front to handle rough roads well. Frankly, I wouldn't get either one of those choices given the cost. Buy a nice TV instead. :p

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
Lets put it this way, 720p is essentially 1/4 the resolution of what you see in the theater.

and given the average movie screen size is around 30'tall x70' wide, compressing that to 1/4 scale would give you 7.5'x17.5'

So I may be exaggerating a bit on the 22' thing, but still a 17.5' screen ain't that small.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts