Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting a new suspension Kit. I'm not that familiar with brands and what not. Can you guys give me your opinion on these kits. I will mostly likely get one of these. Looking to drop maybe 1 1/2 inches. Not trying to slam and I will be getting new rims and tires but not for awhile. Suspension first.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd go ahead with the Ktuned K1 coilovers, I hear a lot of good things about ktuned lately, I'm currently running Godspeed Mono SS's but ktuned would of been my number one choice if it didint come down to cost

You might also have to buy the Ktuned adjustable inner tie rods.

That's the current setup I'm running

·
Waifu Deluxe
745 Posts
They are all pretty good kits. It just depends on what adjustability you want. The Progress set you'll have to re use top hats and will not have much adjustment other than height.

I have BC Racing BRs with swift spring upgrade and love them.

·
Super Moderator
14,190 Posts
I'd go ahead with the Ktuned K1 coilovers, I hear a lot of good things about ktuned lately, I'm currently running Godspeed Mono SS's but ktuned would of been my number one choice if it didint come down to cost

You might also have to buy the Ktuned adjustable inner tie rods.

That's the current setup I'm running
:rotfl:

Go ahead and save yourself disappointment and skip the Ktuned junk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get the adjustable inner tie rods as well. I ended up with TruHarts out of economics and I'm regretting not getting OEM (Type S). For the amount of drop that I wanted vs keeping alignment, I'm only about a cm lower. I don't plan on tracking so no need for adjustment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys I know all of you have tried most of the ones he showed but There are only 2 brands that won’t give you problems bro... BC Racing and Tein... the BC’s are great you don’t need to do the swift spring up grades either BC has there own up graded springs for no extra cost... Tein you have to upgrade to the swift springs and are a bit pricey in my opinion... but I have the BC’s on my 06’ Type S and I have no problems and when i put them on they were at the perfect ride height for me... F&F’s I had a set of those they gave me nothing but problems...they also broke my tie rod end..... you pay for what you get guys....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys I know all of you have tried most of the ones he showed but There are only 2 brands that won’t give you problems bro... BC Racing and Tein... the BC’s are great you don’t need to do the swift spring up grades either BC has there own up graded springs for no extra cost... Tein you have to upgrade to the swift springs and are a bit pricey in my opinion... but I have the BC’s on my 06’ Type S and I have no problems and when i put them on they were at the perfect ride height for me... F&F’s I had a set of those they gave me nothing but problems...they also broke my tie rod end..... you pay for what you get guys....
Which BC's do you have?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm looking into getting a new suspension Kit. I'm not that familiar with brands and what not. Can you guys give me your opinion on these kits. I will mostly likely get one of these. Looking to drop maybe 1 1/2 inches. Not trying to slam and I will be getting new rims and tires but not for awhile. Suspension first.
Also guys, I want a Aspec feel. I want to drop 1"-1.5".....I read somewhere about koni yellows with tien suspension.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts