Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm just a 17 year old kid abd I jdt bought a 02 type s with 97xxx miles and realllly taken care of...really clean...I bought it a week ago and I love it..only mod is it has lowering springs...not sure wat brand but it's low!!!!fender barely tucks over tire...so when I hit a hard bump it squeeks in the front driver side...not sure wat I can do to fix it and also it's realllly stiff too..I know the springs are stiffer but really this stiff...idk if I need new stuts or wat???help me out please..thanks-Ryan

·
( ‾ʖ̫‾)
34,537 Posts
you could try removing the springs and appling grease on the seat of the strut where the springs sits and on the top hat that holds the spring in. this should help with some of the squeaks. the stiffness could be based on the spring rate, could just be a stiff style spring. try and see what brand they are? if they are a cheap/ebay brand then it could just be quality. i would think about investing in coilovers or just a different spring/strut combination. good luck

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya thanks man I'll prob take em apart and grease em...when my buddy with his sc300 took saw my car and he said he thinks their eibach's or however their spelled..and my ca is pretty low so that's prob why it's really stiff but not sure....idk Ima take a look at it like this week and see way Im dealin with...but overall the car is really clean and taken care of so I can't really complain...haah

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
if it's squeaking, yer shocks are prob toast.

the more u lower, the quicker the shocks wear.

·
Olivia Munn :love:
5,504 Posts
Haha ya Ima get coil's down the line...for now Ima get intake,exhaust,yellow fogs,Honda badges,abd tints and that's about all I can think of for now an then after I get those done I'll shoot for some wheels and coil's
considering your stock suspension is probably already fried or close to it, i would suggest coils as your first mod... :dontknow:
but hey, that's just what i would do

·
Registered
130 Posts
sounds like neuspeed race springs . thats what i have and my car is slammed and they are yellow. im looking into coilovers myself progress or tanabe are my choices. from what i heard on this forum those are quality coilovers with nice drop and pretty comfortable

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sounds like neuspeed race springs . thats what i have and my car is slammed and they are yellow. im looking into coilovers myself progress or tanabe are my choices. from what i heard on this forum those are quality coilovers with nice drop and pretty comfortable
ya my springs are neuspeed.. and ive just delt with the rough ride :rolleyes: its not like its the end of the world.. andd i got sooo sick of my car being super quiet so i just ordered a DC sports exhaust so im pumped:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts