Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, So I just purchased a 02 RSX Type S and I'm just wondering what coils and other suspension mods everyone is running and your honest opinions of them and any other suggestions/reviews, so i can make the best decision for my needs.

·
WILDCARD!
1,297 Posts
Hello All, So I just purchased a 02 RSX Type S and I'm just wondering what coils and other suspension mods everyone is running and your honest opinions of them and any other suggestions/reviews, so i can make the best decision for my needs.
If only there was a forum with nearly twenty years' worth of content that you could search...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If only there was a forum with nearly twenty years' worth of content that you could search...
WOW THANKS MAN U R DA BEST WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT U, yes i could sit here for days and search through forums that are kind of close to what im looking for and scrape some info from each thread that are all like 3 years old OR i could get exactly what info i need also New current information from people whos views or opinions might have changed over the years also new info on new parts that may have been released. Not sure if your momma ever told you, if you dont have anything nice to say, just dont say anything at all.

·
Premium Member
145,086,203 Posts
just cut your springs.. cheapest and easiest

don't be afraid to search man.. we aren't the ones building your car

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
WOW THANKS MAN U R DA BEST WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT U, yes i could sit here for days and search through forums that are kind of close to what im looking for and scrape some info from each thread that are all like 3 years old OR i could get exactly what info i need also New current information from people whos views or opinions might have changed over the years also new info on new parts that may have been released. Not sure if your momma ever told you, if you dont have anything nice to say, just dont say anything at all.
The RSX has been out of production since 2006, nothing new has been released in at least 10 years. You're asking people for their opinion, maybe you should read the stickies instead of having a bad attitude. Searching doesn't take days, all it requires is a few minutes.

A Guide To The Forum For New Members | Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum (clubrsx.com)
"Tell me what to buy" or "Give me advice/ suggestions/ ideas" | Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum (clubrsx.com)

·
WILDCARD!
1,297 Posts
Translation: "Yes, I realize that there's a shit ton of info here to look at that would likely answer my question but I'm a lazy fuck and I want someone else to do the work for me!"

Like mfarmakas17 said, the RSX is a 19 year old chassis that was only produced in limited numbers. No one is making new parts for it anymore. No one has made new parts for it for several years. There is no "new info" to get.

·
Registered
678 Posts
No one will ever want to help you if you keep on this level of immaturity.

I recommend A Spec if you can find them. They are good blend of performance and comfort on the street.

Mugen SS would be another suggestion of mine although they are hard to come by.

For you, I recommend stock suspension with lowering springs. You'll learn the car and break the suspension by the time you decide to move on.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Premium Member
145,086,203 Posts
We don't all have 3,000sqft air conditioned shops like you, asshole

·
Registered
678 Posts
Screw you guys. I don't know about you but the only way I ever work on my car is on my dedicated rack inside my living room. Then when I'm done I put the car on my wall.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It depends on what you want for your rsx. If you just want a lowered/sporty ride with some adjustability then buy coilovers. Depending on your budget you can spend 600 for okay coilovers to 1600 for great ones. But that is good for delicated track use. Higher end coilovers are not necessarily better than quality coilovers that can get the job for what you might be asking. It depends on what you want or need. Some coilovers are better but better for one person who is looking for a specific need. Buying $3000 coilovers doesn’t necessarily mean they are better because if you land in someone’s car who doesn’t know how to adjust them or even will adjust them, then they spent extra money for nothing. Learning about suspension components will help you out a lot. Figuring out spring rates and damping rates can help you. If you don’t care, then just buy generic coilovers. Keep in mind that knowing about spring rates will help you understand how your car will behave. Whether it will have more of a tendency to over or under steer. They should work in harmony with your sway bars and bushings. If you don’t care about precision and having a quality, balanced ride, then just buy coilovers depending on how much you want to spend.

However I want to emphasize suspension knowledge! You can do more harm with coilovers if you don’t understand some suspension geometry basics. If you lower your ride with just coilovers, then the guy with stock suspension will have better suspension then you with just coilovers ( if everything is working well on his end). Look into roll center, correcting bump steer especially with the MacPherson style suspension (what rsx’s have), caster, camber, etc.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If U want real coilovers Just get BC Racing extreme low coilovers, I had Tein lowering springs before and it wasn’t enough performance on driving and it wasn’t low enough for me, so I got the coilovers and it was a complete change, I just got my transmission rebuild with an LSD so now with my set up Im taking corners at 80mph, now if you don’t have money for good coilovers just get lowering springs and remember the best mod you can do to your car is NOT cheap out on parts...last thing you gotta understand we can’t tell you what to do with your car everybody here has different goals and likes different set up personally I like canyon driving and roll racing, so taking that I start looking up into what’s the best mods for it...you should do the same you can find a LOT of information here so first focus on what you really wanna do with your car and then start from there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts