Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting an RSX. But I like the red exterior, especially the 2003, and the black interior. Sadly the red exterior was not available with the black interior.

Has anyone here looked into the cost of having the entire interiors swapped between two RSXs?

Alternatively, would it be a reasonable DIY project for a person who only does simple auto work?

·
WILDCARD!
1,166 Posts
People swap interiors all the time. Search the forums for examples.

Is it reasonable to DIY? I mean, it's mostly just unbolting/prying stuff off and unplugging electrical things and plugging them back in, but it's a lot of work and it's going to be costly to source everything you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People swap interiors all the time. Search the forums for examples.
Thanks, but I searched the forums here on [swap interiors] before posting this question and got no hits. What can I search on to find those examples?

it's going to be costly to source everything you need.
I'm surprised to hear that I'd need anything other than basic tools to DIY the swap, if I had two RSXs that were identical other than color?

·
WILDCARD!
1,166 Posts
Thanks, but I searched the forums here on [swap interiors] before posting this question and got no hits. What can I search on to find those examples?
Oh, well what exactly were you hoping to find? I just meant that you'll see people doing it frequently and purchasing parts. I don't know that we have a comprehensive interior swap DIY here. You'd probably just want to download the Helm's manual (which we do have here) and search for DIYs on how to remove specific things.

I'm surprised to hear that I'd need anything other than basic tools to DIY the swap, if I had two RSXs that were identical other than color?
Well yeah, you don't need anything crazy, tools wise, but you would need all of the interior parts. Are you assuming that you can find someone with a black interior that would be willing to straight up swap for your tan interior? I wouldn't make that assumption. Black is definitely more popular. Or are you talking about getting a parts car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts