Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Master DIY'er in training
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. thinking about swapping out my a3 for a k24. Question is can i just swap in the new motor and run it with my kpro'd ecu? could i run my super charger on a k24? What do i have to do besides swap in the new motor?

·
Master DIY'er in training
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didn't think it would be that much power! Ive heard that the a2 is better. whats difference between a1 and a2?

·
Poetic Finesse
1,829 Posts
The K24A1 has 160hp at the crank and the same vtec as the K20A3, the K24A2 has 200hp at the crank and the vtec that we all know and love. They both have about the same amount of torque.

Specifically, the "best" motor would be a K24A2 from a 06-08 TSX due to this:

The 2006-2008 K24A2 in the U.S. market Acura TSX has the following improvements:
Power: 205 hp @ 7000 rpm
Torque: 164 lbft @ 4500 rpm
Increased intake flow:
Intake valve + 1 mm oversize
Intake cam High lift lobe with 0.9 mm more lift and 12 degrees more duration
Throttle body increased from 60–64 mm
Radius on some intake pipes increased from 70–80 mm
Increased exhaust flow
Exhaust Head pipe increased frm 60–65 mm
Higher flow catalytic converter
Main (single) exhaust pipe increased from 54–57 mm
Rear (twin) pipes increased in diameter from 42.5 to 45 mm
Block improvements:
Additional air passages in crankcase for reduced pumping losses
Other
Stronger connecting rods
New crankshaft with more counterbalance weight
Revised pistons with more valve-piston clearance

·
Speedooo
1,233 Posts
The k24a1/4 motors are economy motors like the ep3/base rsx motors. The k24a2 puts down 60-70whp more than those motors in stock form. The k24a2 will put down similar peak whp numbers to a k20a2 but at a lower rpm with greater torque. It will start with the stock ecu, if you have kpro you can just use a basemap but the reflash won't work.

·
ride height Nazi
18,912 Posts
The first question should be .......how much money do you have to spend on the project? That in the real world sets your corse.....once you have a dollar amount, then you can start putting prices on the different options and see what you can aford.....

when you are working out costs, remember to add things like lsd, motor mounts, maybe driveshafts and a clutch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.