Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all here in Cali just got state refereed for smog (fucking sucks ass) so now I'm forced to pass and basically putting the car back to 100% stock. New here so a quick rundown I have an 04 Type S with OEM K20a2/transmission. Bought the car off my brother 2 years ago and just replaced the full aftermarket exhaust system it had on back to OEM. I couldn't find any 02-04 exhaust manifold/cat/Bpipe/axel back and was lucky enough to pull a full OEM exhaust system of an 06 type s. Everything fit as suspected and I purchased both Denso 02 sensors brand new for 02-04 type s years and it bolted up onto the 05-06 cat perfect. However after multiple times of erasing the damm P0134 code with the scanner the check engine light will eventually come back on and stay on after driving a mile or so. I've searched and read that the exhaust systems for 02-04 type s and 05-06 types are basically interchangeable but I see that each generation carry different 02 sensor part numbers. So my question is was I supposed to purchase the 05-06 02 sensors for my 04 since I'm running the 05-06 piping? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Cant be positive, but intuition would have me buy an 04 sensor. The O2 is looking and adjusting for the computer and it needs to see the right value. I'd think the older sensor would provide the correct signal--given the rest of the car--intake to cat is working correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts