Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Driver 7
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to upgrade my sway bars, i have progress coilovers and still have excessive body roll, (to me at least) .. Im a pretty aggressive driver basically what im looking for is to completely eliminate any loose feel that my rear end has and i want my front end to be stiffened up as well now please dont come and start telling me things like stiff doesnt mean better handling and that no body roll isnt exactly good, yeah i know. I was set on the hotchkis competition swaybar set as it seems ideal for me but it appears to have been discontinued for a while now .. I have no other suspension upgrades besides the coilovers, what i want is a neutral feel all around .. i want the car to feel planted. If anything slight oversteer but i rather just achieve that with alignment settings along with better steering response AFTER the car feels solid enough for me. Im a skilled driver im just looking for the right sway bar thatll allow me to dive into curves and bends with confidence. My em1 wit h&r springs and kyb struts with stock sways felt more stable then my car .. not surprising since its a smaller lighter more rigid car, but this what i want from my DC5 .. Also, i have a sound system so that extra weight in the back might call for a stiffer bar than usual, to sum this up, i just want to know which kit i should go with, if anyone has the hotchkis kit and can let me in on how the setup feels thatd be nice .. or point me in a direction similar to it .. thanks.

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
so... you're trying to make the car under steer more? " is to completely eliminate any loose feel that my rear end has and i want my front end to be stiffened up" Tuning for "feel" tends to be a crap shoot.

My $0.02, start tracking tire roll over; and if you can tire temps. As those will tell you what you actually need to do to achieve what you want. Which appears to be optimizing handling.

·
Driver 7
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, im not really good at explaining these things .. i definitely do not want more understeer, when i say i want the front stiffer, i want both wheels to feel connected .. i guess one way to explain is, lets say im cruising down a street doing maybe 20mph and i start jerking the car left and right, the nose leans more into the outer wheel than i would like it to.. as for the rear, it just feels sloppy, funny thing is it actually feels better after the sound system weight. It gave it that more "planted" feel im looking for .. but it needs more. I think maybe i should upgrade my rear sway first and see how i feel about it before going for a front one as well .. thing is i really wanted to just buy a complete kit ..

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
Sounds like you actually need a softer suspension if the car feels better to you by adding weight (you've decreased the suspension frequency at the rear end).

What tires are you running? Regardless, I'd suspect the progress anti-roll bar setup will give you most of the feel you want. should play well with their spring & damper set as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts