Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I was talking to Eibach and they told me that for the 02-04 DC5 their rear sway is 23mm solid, and 05-06 their rear sway is 25mm hollow.

They told me the 23mm solid is stiffer (not by much) but not recommended for the 05-06 dc5 cos "it's not designed for it".

I thought all years dc5 and ep3 can interchange rear sway bars. True?
their numbers are off.........the 02-04 dc5 have 23mm hollow ft sway and 16mm base and 19mm type-s solid rear sways....the 05-06 dc5-s have 26mm hollow ft sways and 21mm solid rear sways....the dc5 -r has 25.. hollow ft and 22mm solid rear sways.......all of the dc5 sways will fit the ep except the dc5-r ft sways....because of the different lca's.

·
Registered
170 Posts
their numbers are off.........the 02-04 dc5 have 23mm hollow ft sway and 16mm base and 19mm type-s solid rear sways....the 05-06 dc5-s have 26mm hollow ft sways and 21mm solid rear sways....the dc5 -r has 25.. hollow ft and 22mm solid rear sways.......all of the dc5 sways will fit the ep except the dc5-r ft sways....because of the different lca's.
I'm talking about Eibach aftermarket rear sway bars, not the stock size(s).

I'm just concerned about fitment issues, I'm running an aftermarket mid/axelback..

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm talking about Eibach aftermarket rear sway bars, not the stock size(s).

I'm just concerned about fitment issues, I'm running an aftermarket mid/axelback..
don't care for their springs and have never used their bars. Stiffer bars = less grip:(

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hm... thinking of doing 21mm 05-06 Type-S Rear Sway ... will our stock d-brackets hold it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
32MM ASR sway bar. only sold with ASR subframe brace.

And a link http://www.kingmotorsports.com/p-3790-asr-subframe-brace-and-32mm-bar-kits.aspx

Im almost thinking once I get all my susptions stuff done I will switch my hotchiks 27mm and my Skunk2 tie bar for this setup. but right now I have other bigger problems to fix and things I would rather upgrade since my 27mm Is already VERY stiff.

also if you go to ASRs web site they offer different wall thickness

·
Registered
100 Posts
You might want to correct the size on the DC5R front sway.

I have the DC5R front sway and side by side the diameter is definitely less than the USDM front sway.

It's 23mm front for the DC5Rs....the same size as the USDM rsx.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You might want to correct the size on the DC5R front sway.

I have the DC5R front sway and side by side the diameter is definitely less than the USDM front sway.

It's 23mm front for the DC5Rs....the same size as the USDM rsx.
I installed one for a kid that got some dc5-r lca's, a one inch wrench just fit on it....thats 25mm...it might also have the same stiffness as the usdm because if the different mounting points.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hmmm that's weird because mine came out to 23mm... Maybe Honda changed the dc5r front sway bar size with the 05-06 then because mine is noticeably thinner than the stock one

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
not sure what you mean.....

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
correct....

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
stock is like 16mm...I think....poor mans way to find swaybar size....open ended wrenchs

41 - 58 of 58 Posts