Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havn't done much to contribute to this board and I don't know how much this will but here we go.

I bought some Meguiars Scratch X today and I would recommend this product over any. I've tried many products and theres alot of steps that havn't helped much. I tried this on my hood after washing my car and it worked wonders. I still have a little swirls but I just used my hands and not a buffer.

So if you have swirls/light scratchs I'de recommend this. :thumbsup:

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
TD-RsXtYpEs05 said:
I havn't done much to contribute to this board and I don't know how much this will but here we go.

I bought some Meguiars Scratch X today and I would recommend this product over any. I've tried many products and theres alot of steps that havn't helped much. I tried this on my hood after washing my car and it worked wonders. I still have a little swirls but I just used my hands and not a buffer.

So if you have swirls/light scratchs I'de recommend this. :thumbsup:

My 2 cents.
Hey, I got the Scratch X, and I was going to us it on my car next week cuz i wanna detail my car. Can you tell me the steps you took for the detailing, eg: wash, clay, wash, polish (sractch X), clay...

Also, do you think you can provide info on how you used it, like how did you apply it on the car? It would not only help me but help other people aswell!

thanks

Mike

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I did a simple wash because I couldn't find a store stocked with clay.

I used Meguiars soap .. nxt type I think?

And a microfiber sponge to clean it..dryed the car with some towels and did a quick wipe down with a micro fiber towel (Clean of course)

I applyed a small amount..probably the same amount you would use if you were waxing your car or a little more and applied it in circular motions (I did it how my buffer applys)

I let mine dry for about a minute or so and wiped it off in a circular motion as well with a clean micro-fiber towel.

I did it around 6 pm and noticed the difference under a gas station light so I really didn't see the FULL finish of the product. I did my doors and front fenders as well but they didn't turn out as well because I rushed myself through the process and didn't apply enought scratch X.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure everythings covered. Im gunna do the rest of the car tomarrow and I'll post some pics. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Great info man. I always wanted to know how the megs. ScratchX works. I love owning my black car but keeping it clean and swirl free is a bitch. I try to use wax to cover it up. Wax helps but it is still visible. I'll give the ScratchX a try.

BTW how do you guys feel about GS27?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wax has never helped me in removing swirls.
This is the first solution to getting rid of them...Other than a full detail kit I suggest the CALIFORNIA CAR DUSTER be used very well before every wash and after every drive.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
TD-RsXtYpEs05 said:
Well I did a simple wash because I couldn't find a store stocked with clay.

I used Meguiars soap .. nxt type I think?

And a microfiber sponge to clean it..dryed the car with some towels and did a quick wipe down with a micro fiber towel (Clean of course)

I applyed a small amount..probably the same amount you would use if you were waxing your car or a little more and applied it in circular motions (I did it how my buffer applys)

I let mine dry for about a minute or so and wiped it off in a circular motion as well with a clean micro-fiber towel.

I did it around 6 pm and noticed the difference under a gas station light so I really didn't see the FULL finish of the product. I did my doors and front fenders as well but they didn't turn out as well because I rushed myself through the process and didn't apply enought scratch X.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure everythings covered. Im gunna do the rest of the car tomarrow and I'll post some pics. :thumbsup:
Hey great info man! thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
TD-RsXtYpEs05 said:
This is the first solution to getting rid of them...Other than a full detail kit I suggest the CALIFORNIA CAR DUSTER be used very well before every wash and after every drive.
Yea, I was waxing my dad's harley today and like 15 mins after there was a lot of dust... I took it all off and put the bike outside to see if it was the garage that made the bike dusty. I need one of those california car duster!

Mike

·
Four Rings
5,094 Posts
HS2G said:
Great info man. I always wanted to know how the megs. ScratchX works. I love owning my black car but keeping it clean and swirl free is a bitch. I try to use wax to cover it up. Wax helps but it is still visible. I'll give the ScratchX a try.

BTW how do you guys feel about GS27?
my dad bought that crap i think when they started to infomercial it on tv way back when. I tried it on my first car and didnt have good results....although, i think i was expecting impossible results. I havent used it for a long time..i recently purchase scratch x for when i need it....it wont be for awhile

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It worked nice for me, took about 15-30% of the swirls out of my hood as I did it by hand. And the person who refered it to me said "Use a buffer, if you do it by hand its kinda pointless" but I broke my buffer :) So I'm guessing better results from a buffer.

·
Rangers Babyyy!!!!
11,954 Posts
i jsut bought that stuf it was like 7 bucks for that scratch X and that shit works good man, good find +rep for you :thumbsup: i also bought a mitt while i was there for like 4 bucks :D

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
TD-RsXtYpEs05 said:
That's because waxes don't contain the abrasives to smooth out the paint. Instead, they contain fillers that fill-in minor swirls that come back as soon as the wax is gone. Anyway, to decrease some of the swirling on your paint I suggest you do the following:

-Use a sheepskin washmitt to clean the car instead of a sponge. Use the 2-bucket technique and let the weight of the mitt provide the friction - don't push down on the car. Wash 1 panel at a time (top to bottom) and rinse the mitt after every panel.

-When drying the car, never wipe the painted surfaces. Instead, use a blotting action to dry out the car.

-Also, not all microfibers are made the same so stay away from that cheap Costco/Sams Club stuff. Good quality MF will feel softer than those really silky plush dolls and will cost a pretty penny. I think my waffle-weave microfiber drying towels (Big Blue II) cost about $20/each. Those yellow Costco ones went for about $12 (for a 20 pack?)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts