Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dudes....I bought a set of OEM style foglights off Ebay. And I compared the materials from the box with the installation instructions from the DIY guide off the Clubrsx store. The foglights came with everything listed in the DIY guide except for one detail. The switch harness that came with the fogs does not look like the switch harness in the manual. My switch harness hass 7 plugs while the guide listed a switch harness with 9 plugs. The thing about it though is that my harness seems to have all the important plugs there, from the fuse, to the relay, to the OEM foglight switch. However, its missing the 1-pin connector plug that plugs into the top, and the 12-pin connector that plugs into the center console. Has anybody run into this problem? Mine is a 2002 RSX Type S, the lights that I bought are for 2003 RSX. Are those 2 connectors necessary, or has the new fogs been redesigned so that we don't needthose 2 plugs anymore....or worse did they not give me the right plug :dontknow: Please Help, anybody who has installed the fogs themselves!!!!:(

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
OEM style vs. OEM. Use the instuctions that came with the lights, not the instructions for the actual OEM's.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would alpine except the foglights didn't come with any instructions. If you have them, did you just connect the switch harness in and pretty much disregard the 2 missing plugs? So I am guessing all the plugs go where they are supposed to go like the OEM except forget the other 2 plugs.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yep. Not like you have a choice.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
mytime1012 said:
Dudes....I bought a set of OEM style foglights off Ebay. And I compared the materials from the box with the installation instructions from the DIY guide off the Clubrsx store. The foglights came with everything listed in the DIY guide except for one detail. The switch harness that came with the fogs does not look like the switch harness in the manual. My switch harness hass 7 plugs while the guide listed a switch harness with 9 plugs. The thing about it though is that my harness seems to have all the important plugs there, from the fuse, to the relay, to the OEM foglight switch. However, its missing the 1-pin connector plug that plugs into the top, and the 12-pin connector that plugs into the center console. Has anybody run into this problem? Mine is a 2002 RSX Type S, the lights that I bought are for 2003 RSX. Are those 2 connectors necessary, or has the new fogs been redesigned so that we don't needthose 2 plugs anymore....or worse did they not give me the right plug :dontknow: Please Help, anybody who has installed the fogs themselves!!!!:(
well if your missing that 1 pin connector that plugs into the top, i wouldnt worry about it too much....im pretty sure that wire connects to a 12 pin connector which basically allows your fog lights to go on with the headlights....if I were you id leave that connection out so you can turn them on whenever....

as for the other 12 pin im not sure...best thing to do is make all the connections and see what happens...cant hurt to try

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
everything work ok mytime1012? im looking into buying a set of oem style fogs as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Off Ebay

I think I bought mine for 120 with shipping, however, it did not come with any directions which it promised. The fit is ok, however I would like to see how it lasts 6-12 months from now. Especially if it cracks or not, but not really worried about it though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts