Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I bought a set of 05 RSX-S wheels for my 02 RSX-S. I started noticing my fuel gauge going down quicker than usual. I forgot to check what the tire shop filled my tires to, but I checked today to find every tire was a completely different psi. the highest being 38.5. Could that be the problem?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well It would seem that having all the tires at the proper psi didn't make much of a difference in my fuel economy, I used a half a litre less.. for all you americans thats a little over a half quart. Has anyone else had this same problem?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive done that, the 05 type s tires are rated at 31, so thats what I put them at, even though my type s is 02. This is driving me nuts.. I have looked for so long for a nice set of 05 type s rims, I find them, MINT condition. The rubber is new on them. Maybe my o2 sensor needs replacement.. or.. maybe I should just shift at about 4000 rpm, I know these rims are a bit heavier..

·
Got V-Tak?
509 Posts
Ive done that, the 05 type s tires are rated at 31, so thats what I put them at, even though my type s is 02. This is driving me nuts.. I have looked for so long for a nice set of 05 type s rims, I find them, MINT condition. The rubber is new on them. Maybe my o2 sensor needs replacement.. or.. maybe I should just shift at about 4000 rpm, I know these rims are a bit heavier..
Lol thats your issue....shift at 3000 rpm and you will be fine...Why the heck are you shifting so late anyways? There is no need to unless you need the extra power

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been shifting at 3000 rpms, I have read over some threads about the 02 sensor, and I believe that may be the problem now, I have had a gross exhaust smell for a little while now, and my fuel economy started going down a month ago. I figured I was just driving it harder. Now I granny drive it and get basically 100kms to 13 - 14 litres..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.