Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some switches that light up when turned on. I was favoring a rocker style. I was going to use them for fog,amp, and other options. They don't have to fit the factory hole. Any Ideas? Pics?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I had pictures I wouldn't have started this thread. I want somthing other that the regular toggle switches.

·
Registered
170 Posts
JediBeavis: I have found a very nice switch for this purpose. But for fog lamp use make sure you use a relay to actually power the lamps.

This switch is a Philmore 30-10081 (amber)

also available are :
Red - 10083
Green - 10085

I purchased mine at You-do-it Electronics but you can find them on the web many places. Here's one: http://www.itcelectronics.com/pdtl-revised.asp?P=3612

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, stuff like that is what i'm looking for. Clean looks that don't take away from the factory interior

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
That is a pic of my faceplate =) Yeah, I am going to completely redo the layout and use the rocker switches more than likely...just have to figure out how I want it to look.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been planning on doing the same style of set up wit the starter button and such, now I know I wouldn't be the only one. How did you attach the pannel to the dash? I have the Type-S but I am getting the base dash plate to change over when I get the new HU.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
I am assuming you are referring to how I attached the black panel to the red faceplate. The black panel is actually the Ignited Engine Start Switch Panel, made of aluminum and available in other colors as well. It is sold in the ClubRSX store. It comes with two steel brackets that go back from the panel @ a 90 degree angle, allowing you to mount it in the cubby hole on the base faceplate. The panel has pre-drilled holes for the engine start and 3 switches...although I had to dremel out the engine start hole a little larger b/c the S2000 button diameter is larger than the Ignited push start.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info, I'm just starting the build up of my car and am moving to the the sound system and the dash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts