1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
113,845 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ive read couple of those posts, if you actually read everything I posted...I did say according to some posts, mobil 1 overall seems like good oil. If you will be a dick instead of helping someone out whos not familiar with oil then dont reply at all.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
You people sound like a bunch of bickering women....

Dude, if you searched (not saying you did or didn't) You may have come across some posts of people saying that M1 is awesome and others saying it burns up more than other oils in our motors.... I have used M1 and found it to burn a tad quicker in our motors than others.

I am also assuming that when you searched you came across different oil classifications, or "groups".

To quote this thread:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=218291&highlight=synthetic+oil+groups

"Oils are classified into 5 categories: I, II, III, IV, V. Group I accounts for your typical "conventional" oil. Groups IV and V are chemically engineered, pure, synthetic basestocks while Groups II and III are hydroprocessed mineral oil with "synthetic" properties/additives. Therefore, Group III oil is not technically synthetic oil. Mobil 1, Amsoil, Redline, Royal Purple, and Motul are in Groups IV and V. Any other “synthetics” you see at the store are Group III."

If you want facts, do research (not just a search of the forum)

If you want opinion, search this forum, bobistheoilguy.com and maybe even PM audiejunkie (seems very knowledgable about oils).

If you want my opinion, you'd be fine with just about any oil. It depends on how much you want to spend, what kinda piece of mind you may want, and how frequently you want to change your oil (kinda goes with how much you want to spend).

Most all honda motors in the past have gone 200K + on old dino oil. They have since made improvements on dino oil AND synthetic oil. Honestly, I think you'd be fine on dino. That being said, I use synthetic cause I can afford it and if it does make any difference at all, I need it. (planning on keeping my car for a while).

To address M1, yes, you'd be fine using M1. You may want to check it more frequently to see if it has gotten low and if so, top it off, but you should be A O K using it. I use Penn. Platinum. Personal preference man.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
Ive read couple of those posts, if you actually read everything I posted...I did say according to some posts, mobil 1 overall seems like good oil. If you will be a dick instead of helping someone out whos not familiar with oil then dont reply at all.
so now you want opinions on opinions...whatever

if you want to search and read you will have hours of information and opinions to choose from. Starting a new thread to rehash all that has been talked about it pointless.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You people sound like a bunch of bickering women....

Dude, if you searched (not saying you did or didn't) You may have come across some posts of people saying that M1 is awesome and others saying it burns up more than other oils in our motors.... I have used M1 and found it to burn a tad quicker in our motors than others.

I am also assuming that when you searched you came across different oil classifications, or "groups".

To quote this thread:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=218291&highlight=synthetic+oil+groups

"Oils are classified into 5 categories: I, II, III, IV, V. Group I accounts for your typical "conventional" oil. Groups IV and V are chemically engineered, pure, synthetic basestocks while Groups II and III are hydroprocessed mineral oil with "synthetic" properties/additives. Therefore, Group III oil is not technically synthetic oil. Mobil 1, Amsoil, Redline, Royal Purple, and Motul are in Groups IV and V. Any other “synthetics” you see at the store are Group III."

If you want facts, do research (not just a search of the forum)

If you want opinion, search this forum, bobistheoilguy.com and maybe even PM audiejunkie (seems very knowledgable about oils).

If you want my opinion, you'd be fine with just about any oil. It depends on how much you want to spend, what kinda piece of mind you may want, and how frequently you want to change your oil (kinda goes with how much you want to spend).

Most all honda motors in the past have gone 200K + on old dino oil. They have since made improvements on dino oil AND synthetic oil. Honestly, I think you'd be fine on dino. That being said, I use synthetic cause I can afford it and if it does make any difference at all, I need it. (planning on keeping my car for a while).

To address M1, yes, you'd be fine using M1. You may want to check it more frequently to see if it has gotten low and if so, top it off, but you should be A O K using it. I use Penn. Platinum. Personal preference man.

Good luck. :thumbsup:
thank you.

·
Registered
113,845 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Starting a new thread to rehash all that has been talked about it pointless.
Although I agree with you, the best way to resolve this for every party involved would be to just answer the question. Yes its a PITA when a noob asks about oil or filters or how to change a headlight bulb or where their vtec fluid is... but sitting and bitching to them is not going to get anywhere... Look at how many posts you've made in this thread to bitch at this guy when I've made two and satisfied him, me, you, and everyone else who doesn't wanna see this thread bumped over and over...

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
Although I agree with you, the best way to resolve this for every party involved would be to just answer the question. Yes its a PITA when a noob asks about oil or filters or how to change a headlight bulb or where their vtec fluid is... but sitting and bitching to them is not going to get anywhere... Look at how many posts you've made in this thread to bitch at this guy when I've made two and satisfied him, me, you, and everyone else who doesn't wanna see this thread bumped over and over...
that is not the best way to resolve it....you gave one post that may be helpful to others

Now when someone actually searches this topic this thread will be at the top so they will have to go through this stupid thread and all the other stupid theads to get to the one or two threads with lots of posts by users with years of experience. Like searching on intakes...you get 6510984961981 pointless threads like this one with one or two good comments, vs the good intake threads with hundreds of responses of people who have used the different intakes for years. But instead of getting all that information that is available people start new threads that you have to wade through to get what you are actually looking for when you use the search function as it was meant to be used.

Which is the reason for stickies and the like. People get all thread happy and end up hurting the people that actually do the searching for their information. Wouldnt it be nice to type something in Google and have what you are looking for pop right up instead of having to wade through all that pointless bullshit. Clubrsx would be nice that way too. If you have stupid little questions then ask them in your regional thread or fucking search. Dont you think oil of all things may have been covered before...use some common sense.

give a man a fish...he eats today

teach a man how to fish....he will eat for a lifetime

you are just giving him a fish....and that is only the answer for the short term, it is never the best solution

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Yeah, I guess that is right. But the fact is, the thread was already created so I might as well put some crap in here that could be somewhat useful (even if it's just links to other threads).

I think ClubRSX should have like Hondaprelude.com did, a section where it is all just links to pages of ALL DIY's and INFORMATION articles about common things like oils, intakes, oil filters, exhausts, Headers and on and on...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.