Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I'm just looking for the absolute brightest and whitest halogen bulbs that won't
A) blind everyone on the road
B) get harassment from the cops
C) cost over $100 for a pair

I've heard good praise for the Silverstar brand, but I've read that the Osram silverstar bulbs have a stock yellow color but are a LOT brighter, while the Sylvania silverstars are not as bright but have a whiteish tinge.

How do these compare to Philips and their "visions" series?
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Id say go with Philips, that is if they dont burn out, pretty much all h1 bulbs on teh rsx just burn out pretty quik, but id try philips. let me know how it goes cuz i wanna get the Philips Blue vision (or the bluest one they have).

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Doesnt the Philips CrystalVision have more of a HID look than the blue vision? well anyways for either of them is there even a h1 size becuase it doesnt say they have that size on their site.

·
Registered
15 Posts
me and my friend have run silverstars on our civics and in both cases one of our bulbs blew out in less than a year. . . .

if you go to their website sylvannia actually say the silverstars will only last about a year.

·
Canon Crew
12,127 Posts
I will warn you, Silverstars will burn out within months. You will be replacing those forever. What you might want to look into is the XenonDepot 4300K HID's. These are the same that you see in BMW's and the sort. Black out your housing and you wont blind anyone either. And if aimed correctly you will not blind people ever.

·
Playground Legend
1,205 Posts
I would say save up for the HID kit as well. You will spend the same amount of money replacing bulbs as you would if you just got the whole kit. The bulbs in an HID kit last forever and they are bright as hell. I have hella HID 7000k right now and have had them for over a year and they are awesome. No complaints here except the occasional flash because of my JDM housings aimed in oncoming drivers eyes :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.