Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so its an EG not an EP
I'll update this thread as I progress with my build. and just so everyone knows I have no intentions of swapping engines as of right now, I'm thoroughly enjoying my 40mpg. However I am entertaining the ideas that
Josh throws me so we will see what happens when the time is right.

maybe this'll give you an idea of my direction...minus the side skirts.
me and my very first car, this picture was taken probably in 2003..i'm sure i was still in highschool at the time.

First real pictures I've taken since getting her. Only thing I did before these pictures were taken was remove the OE antennae and put on a antennae block off plate over the hole.

also a good way to spot me...how many people do you know with GloomyBear as their mascot. hahaha

*update*
I also got in the OEM SiR front lip I ordered and was able to bolt it up after a quick trip to Jerihill and 3 bucks later. I also resprayed the stupid steelies. so they are actually black..instead of black silver and rust. *edit* I took better photos

*Update Aug 26, 2008*
Last week I had the Neuspeed's put in along with a set of Koni STR.T (orange struts of awesomeness). I'm not sure what the drop was it was less than an inch or around that I'm sure but the suspension is much much tighter. Major improvement on cornering. here some new pictures courtesy of Josh.

·
I LURK
879 Posts
i <3 this car... wish i could find one this clean

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Welcome........under coat the hell out of it......VT salt ftl:(

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Check the coat, a lot of shops miss all the places that really need to get done, like the fender lips and all the holes in the unibody....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check the coat, a lot of shops miss all the places that really need to get done, like the fender lips and all the holes in the unibody....
thanks ill take a look!

·
I LURK
879 Posts
take off the rear bumper and really hammer where the bumper is held on thats the normal honda cancer... i know the places to look for so some time we can take it apart

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
take off the rear bumper and really hammer where the bumper is held on thats the normal honda cancer... i know the places to look for so some time we can take it apart
you mean right where that bold or clip or whatever attached just behind the rear wheel well?

is there a can spray type coating i can get to spray more stuff on?

·
I LURK
879 Posts
you mean right where that bold or clip or whatever attached just behind the rear wheel well?

is there a can spray type coating i can get to spray more stuff on?
Take rustolium in black tape off the car so you dont get it on the paint and hit the inside and the outside of it with the clip off...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Take rustolium in black tape off the car so you dont get it on the paint and hit the inside and the outside of it with the clip off...
autozone got that stuff or is that more specialized? when i had the rear interior panels off i saw rust ont he back of the panel walls and what not. the guy who did the body work oil sprayed it though. But I'm worried that the rust will eat itself out from the inside. my only worry about this car.

·
I LURK
879 Posts
autozone got that stuff or is that more specialized? when i had the rear interior panels off i saw rust ont he back of the panel walls and what not. the guy who did the body work oil sprayed it though. But I'm worried that the rust will eat itself out from the inside. my only worry about this car.
just surface rust?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just surface rust?
yeah I think lol i can't remember. i know he cut out the rear quarters above the wheels and welded in new panels cause it was bad.I'd have to take off the interior pieces again and check haha. she isn't perfect but she is good enough for me

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
updated for strut/spring install

1 - 20 of 21 Posts