Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
doing stuff
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone out there who has this exhaust please post some pictures of it from several angles. I believe this is the one I'm gonna purchase due to noise level, fit, and 2.36 inch piping. I haven't really seen how it looks on the car, though. Also any additional information about it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :bow:

·
doing stuff
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool man, I appreciate it!

·
doing stuff
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really appreciate the pics. It's a nice looking exhaust and I know it won't be too loud.

·
doing stuff
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I ordered this exhaust tonight and a stainless steel shorty header. This is gonna be cool! :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
I was going to order this but they went out of stock on me.
So I changed the order to Evo2 with 5zigen adapter on good price($508).
Evo2 vs Tanabe hyper, (db, pipe size, hp)?
I appreciate your knowledge.
THX.

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
I have a DC header for the S, S cat and HKS Hi-Power. Pics to come. Sorry for the jack.

·
doing stuff
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stealth_RSX said:
hey, do me a favour and let me know how the shorty header works out (performance wise) with the Hyper Medallion. thanks.
Soon as I get em on I let you know. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Push said:
Thanks for the help guys. I ordered this exhaust tonight and a stainless steel shorty header. This is gonna be cool! :D
hey push! where did u order yours and how much?
can u send me a link...thanks! i'm also leaning towards this exhaust system.

thanks in advance!

- aL

·
doing stuff
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mrgqpnoi said:
hey push! where did u order yours and how much?
can u send me a link...thanks! i'm also leaning towards this exhaust system.

thanks in advance!

- aL
Well... I had ordered it from RPMMotoring but they are back ordered and haven't found me one so I canceled it. I also canceled the shorty header because they told me AEM is stopping production on the Stainless Steel shorty from DC and would only be making the ceramic now (which I don't want). So I'm back to square 1 and thinking I may go to race header now anyway LOL. Then I'll need the type S Hyper Medallion. I really do like the look of this exhaust tho. RPMMotoring's price was great with free shipping if anyone don't mind waiting for weeks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
This is kinda a stupid question but is the Tanabe super medalion hyper same as the Tanabe hyper medalion??? Just wondering cause I wanna order this exhaust and wanna make sure its the same thing.

·
Registered
670 Posts
akira,
tanabe makes two types
tanabe super RACING medallion and tanabe super HYPER medallion.
Two different kinds
If you care about db(sound level), I suggest you get HYPER one since its quieter one.
I tried to buy this also but got backordered.
So I got a good deal on Greddy Evo2.
BTW greddy evo2 is application for type-S only but I got 5zigen adapter to connect it to my base rsx.
Perfect fit without any problems.
Good day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
rsxtc123 said:
akira,
tanabe makes two types
tanabe super RACING medallion and tanabe super HYPER medallion.
Two different kinds
If you care about db(sound level), I suggest you get HYPER one since its quieter one.
I tried to buy this also but got backordered.
So I got a good deal on Greddy Evo2.
BTW greddy evo2 is application for type-S only but I got 5zigen adapter to connect it to my base rsx.
Perfect fit without any problems.
Good day.
exhaust newbie here... does this 5zigen adapter bolt on behind the catalytic converter? Because I want to keep my car legal especially here in SoCal...

·
doing stuff
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes you keep your cat. It goes between cat and catback. The only downside I've heard is that your muffler sticks out the back a lil bit more.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
i have comptech race header with tanabe hyper medalion cat back for the type s. it fints very nicely. cept my car is lowered on eibach sprotlines and i have progress rear sway bar. the exhaust hits the sway bar and you get some rattleing at idle.. thats about it.

the exaust sounds just right with the comptech race header, its not too loud but its not to quiet. at highway speeds 65-75 mph there is no droning... ALMOST stock like.. but very tolerable.

great exhaust IMO

good luck
Nick

1 - 20 of 33 Posts