Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Photographer
15,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im still undecided which exhaust to get...shortly after getting hondata4 hopefully next week, i need to decide which one i should get... i have reasons why im debating and i am going to list it....

tanabe smr

pro - i can get it cheap / i like the angled look / doesnt sound ricey at all IMO/ pretty quiet in the cabin
con - dont like the look of the muffler too much / not sure if it will burn the type R rear lip (i plan to get the R lip later on)

greddy evo2

pro - i can also get it for cheap / sounds nice /
con - its a bit louder than then tanabe smr inside cabin / doesnt have the angled look

injen ses - i can get it dirt cheap /
con - havent heard it / dont kno about the look of the muffler / havent really heard anything about this exhaust system whether positive or negative...

hks hi power

pro - love the angled look/ love the muffler look / love how it sounds
con - cant get it for cheap / will burn R rear lip

as far as hp gains...i really dont care since exhaust is an exhaust even though i have the v2 and its supposed to open up more power from the v2...either way it doesnt matter to me...

please help me decide soon!

thanks for taking ur time to read and thx for the help in advance....

-patrick

·
I see what you did there
12,635 Posts
i had the hks before you so its MY hks. haha..... stick with stock =p

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
HKS is my fav:thumbsup: Pics of it in my sig....great sound too. Can be kinda loud at times, but never ricey.

·
Registered
436 Posts
i have had the evo2 and the hiper.the hiper produces a different exhaust note much deeper than the evo2 in my opinion,i would say go hiper if you want to be on the loud side.go evo2 if you want to remain on the quiet side.

·
O.G.
430 Posts
ill take a vid and some pics of my injen SES tomorrow for you, ill try to post asap, im not good with cameras and video stuff :-(

·
O.G.
430 Posts
Yes it is that same one, i didn't get mine from crsx tho, sorry I had to pick up the past few days extra work, ill get a vid and some pics tomorrow for sure, ill post them tomorrow night.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
they do same gains
the only difference is sound and price
so....totally up to u :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had the Tanabe for about 3 months, I love it so far. It's not the best looking but it sounds awesome, really deep tone, and it often pops and gargles if you're into that sort of sound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tanabe Ultra Medallion
-titanium construction
-high quality part
-sounds amazing, very deep without that typical rice burner pos crap rasppy sound
- decent performance gains
only drawback is the price. i bought mine from wotm.com

i love it!! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts