Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Alpine White E46 M3
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently doing a S2000 cluster retrofit, and the S2000 cluster requires two converters in order to work in the RSX (ECT and VSS). Both converters require a +5V power source and ground. I've searched in the cluster area and found the HVAC has a +5V power line, as well as ground.

Will it be safe to tap both the ECT and VSS converter into the same +5V HVAC line? I'm not too good with the math in electronics, but I know when you tap lines, you cut down the amount of current running to the lines. I figure tapping one of the converters will be safe, but do you think I will be okay tapping both converters in the same +5V line? Both units are not crazy power hungry units (size of a match box), but they still need power.

I assume that tapping into the same ground line shouldn't be a problem since it's a ground... right?

Thanks for your help.

·
13,138 Posts
if i'm reading your question right.....u cant tap the ECT twice. it can only go once.

the signal will be split in 2 and u wont have accurate ECT readings. You're gona have to get another ECT sensor and rig it up. I tried sharing the ECT signal wire but got incorrect readings which i had to resort to getting another ECT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts