Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got the the TB spacer from on the site here and have a few problems..first when I went to put it on I noticed the bolts coming off of the intake manifold were too short so I could only use the two bolts that they had given me to tighten it, it doesnt seem like too much of a problem b/c im not running f/i, but either way I would have liked to put all 4 of the bolts back on, second since this moved my injen cai about an inch to the right the breather tube was hitting some of the shifter mechanism, its pretty hard to hit 5/6 and a pain in the ass going into and out of rev, I could hack off part of the intake tube where tube comes out of and seal it off and then put a breather on the valve cover, I even tryed to loosen where it bolts up down in the fender wall...I will probably do that when I get the chance, but I feel like I am getting a leak with only thoes two bolts holding the TB, can these bolts that are too short come off and be replaced with the ones they gave me? any help would be great, thanks alot

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Why not just go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get two more bolts that are the same as the two you've got?

As for the CAI, you should be able to position it so you've got clearance, just need to play with it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think the bolts are part of the intake mani, they are coming out of the IM and going into the tb...they are not long enough with the pacer to reach the nutts..I gotta look again to see if i can take them off but I dont think i can

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
btw they gave me 4 bolts nuts and washers

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you dont understand...i need to take pics or something...the two bolts comming off of the intake manifold are too short and i dont think they come off, i need to take pics or something, i really dont think they can come off with out maybe taking the manifold totaly off/apart.....I just wanted to know if anyone has done this mod and knows what im talking about

im at work now and will take another look at it when I get home, it runs fine with the 2 bolts holding on it but i know thats ghetto as hell

·
Registered
425 Posts
you dont understand...i need to take pics or something...the two bolts comming off of the intake manifold are too short and i dont think they come off, i need to take pics or something, i really dont think they can come off with out maybe taking the manifold totaly off/apart.....I just wanted to know if anyone has done this mod and knows what im talking about

im at work now and will take another look at it when I get home, it runs fine with the 2 bolts holding on it but i know thats ghetto as hell
There just threaded into the IM. All you have to do is use vise grips to rotate them out then replace with the bolts that came with the spacer. Make sure you use a new tb gasket too. As for the intake elbow, it should fit still but will have a little kink in it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks...ill try it, but i think i am going to have to hack off an inch off of the elbow...not a big deal just a pain in the ass with a hack saw...thanks again!

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
As stated already, those studs will come out of the manifold. Just vise grip them and rotate. If you're referring to a silicone elbow for an intake, shit, just use a utility knife or something. Should be able to cut an inch off of that thing in a matter of seconds.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
totally forgot that it was silicone, thanks again, i just hope these studs decide to come out

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I had a huge problem with my injen intake and I did get it to fit without cutting or hitting anything. Just put your car in 5th gear while your trying to fit it and dont cut the rubber elbow.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had to trim down the elbow a bit with a razorblade but not a big deal, still enough for the clamps to hold on to...everything else went good too, thanks for the help guys....alil bump in power, seems like more tq then high-end, I havnt run the numbers yet but I think I am getting some better mpg..thanks again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts