Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried this? Ive seen a lot of shops around here advertising sealents.

Basically they strip the wax and spray on a teflon coating..then buff you out.

the claim is "you'll never have to wax again" but we all know thats a load of crap.

how long does the coating last for and does it still bead after 6 months in the summer heat without applying any polish or wax?
It cost like over $100 ..just seems scam-ish

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well ya same here. thing is its being advertised like crazy here in florida. never heard of it before I moved down here (almost a year now) but for some reason..its here.

I read in another post similiar to this (after I posted this one) that acura actually has another technique which sounds very similiar to this for $350 and will warranty your paint for a lot of cosmetic blemishes..

anyone know any more details of this?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
dont do the acura detail, my dealer added this at no extra charge and it was nothing special. i say take the 350 and buy a porter cable and some nice products.

also i have read something about teflon. i think it said that it has to be applied at 750degrees F in order to bond to the surface of whatever it is protecting. so basically it wont work.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, figured it was BS just in the advertising techniques they use..

thanks. Ill buy beer instead.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Try RejeX. I wrote about it when I first got it but no one else has said anything about it. I have been using it for about 6 months and it has worked great, especially with all the extra salt on the road this year.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
Simoniz makes one. Acura dealerships around here sell it as a option for 300+ $$ :eek:

I have a few simoniz kits that i'd sell off if you guys want to try it. Haven't put it on my car yet because it's a good days work.

I wouldn't say you don't need to wax. It's more of a protective coating from tree sap and bird droppings. Probably protects the clear coat a bit too not sure.

I'll put mine on this spring and take pics. :laughing:

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
Nothing will replace a good quality wax and elbow grease....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts